Kickboxing is no martial art

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by wisdom, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Nananana Nananana Hey Hey Hey...

GOODBYE.

2. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Kick Boxing is effective combat art, but I wouldnt consider it martial art. There is no mind, body, and soul being involed during training. There simply training for fighting only there for there fighters, not martial artist. You cannot claim to be a martial artist without moral principles.

3. Trent Tiemeyer

Since when?

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I'm sorry, martial artists are supposed to have moral principles? What principles exactly are they supposed to have? Does the fact that I don't believe in honour mean that I'm not a martial artist?

Which principles are necessary for a martial artist? What beliefs would stop someone being a martial artist?

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

The guy at our local ABA Boxing gym spends a great deal of time wioth the kids there - teaching them that Boxing is an honourable game and trying to instill into them moral values. He's not trying to force an antiquated oriental warrior code onto them - but he does seem to be having a very beneficial effect on them.

Then again - Boxing's just a sport - right?

6. Trent Tiemeyer

My first martial arts instructor was a hard-partying cokehead who felt up high school girls.

My first boxing coach was a preacher.

7. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

... don't know why I bother sometime but.....

It is a a fact that many people train in martial arts primarily for self-defense and have never used sport training methods then there are those who have never explored "traditional" martial "art" training, it is easy to discount the effectiveness of each other.

Boxing, Wrestling, Judo, Tae Kwon Do (WTF-style), and Kickboxing are examples of martial "sports"..... merely different training methods

8. Skinneh

Skinneh Skinny Theif Ninja Spy

9. Skinneh

I dont see a point in argueing things that cannot be proven. Its like arguing wether or not there should be a death penalty ect.... I feel bad that it bothers you so much that you have to come and make a post about it... when you could be doing more productive things...

... like not spreading your seed as to infect the rest of the world with your narrowmindness ?( wtf how do i spell that word ?? )..

People spend so much time trying to prove they are right... or argue stupid things when instead, you could be doing something else that would bring you joy :D ( making babies so you can put them in a punching bag for example )...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2003
  10. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Andy, I think you better have another go at explaining yourself.

I presume you've been involved in Kickboxing of some kind?

11. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

The guy was just trolling so now we are all yelling at eachother. He was banned, can we hold hands now?:D

12. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

13. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

{{{{Group Hug}}}}

14. Dark Blade

:love: :cry: I love you guys!!!:love: :cry:

15. zun

zun New Member

Dark Blade - too much beer? :D

16. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Watch it DB, the other forums are talking about us. :p

17. Skinneh

*takes notes*

18. totality

totality New Member

*slaps skinny in the head with a rock*

what're you taking notes one???? i haven't even posted in this thread yet! :D

19. Dark Blade

I think he was taking notes on my strange behaviour...

*picks up a banana and eats it, while hanging from a tree and poking the tree with a stick*
    DB WANT EAT!

20. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Gotta admire the way this thread has gone from an arguement to trademark MAP insanity in just a few posts :D ;)