Kickboxing comes in handy when in trouble

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by TNT Tommy, Sep 27, 2005.

1. TNT Tommy

TNT Tommy New Member

I am a kickboxer, and a kickboxing instructor, but my main occupation is a Truck Driver.

I was on the route and stopped at a Truck Stop to eat.
    As I was looking for a parking space, I noticed a couple of guys fighting between two trailers. I quickly got my rig parked and ran to see what I could do. I yelled for them to break it up and one of the truckers said #%$! you !! and attacked me. Well we got into a small scuffle but I gave him a hard roundhouse to the chest and that stopped him cold. The other trucker was surprised and said "you must have a fighting background" I told him I was a kickboxer and he said he was glad I came along when I did. The trucker that I fought with was arrested, and was sent to jail for an outstanding warrant.

This was the first time I've ever had this happen to me and I should've stayed out of it, but I'm young and I wanted to show off my moxie and it worked out o.k.

Somehow, the story of my fight got around at the company I drive for and my boss was a little upset but he knows too that a person has to defend himself.

Now I'm known in the trucking company as "The roundhouse trucker"

TNT Tommy

2. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

You did a good thing and helped the other guy out well done :)

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I reckon there's a movie in there somewhere! Lone truck driver winds his way through the wilds of Texas using his kickboxing to defend the innocent and deliver goods on time. I'd go see it.

4. Jointlock

Jointlock Valued Member

Didn't Chuck Norris already star in a movie like that?

5. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Quite likely!

6. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Knowing how to fight is always a good thing.

7. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

So is knowing when not to fight

Grasshopper

8. NaughtyKnight

LOL

Can we have one thread without chinese philosophy leaking all over it. :p

9. hux

hux ya, whatever.

gotta blow up some stuff, too, right? :D

edit

wait, wait, wait...this story absolutely can't be true. It didn't go to the ground.

/edit

10. NaughtyKnight

Dont forget the blonde with huge breasts. ;) :D

11. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

Nice one. Can I ask, did you have to think about landing the kick first (maybe you premeditated it etc), or did it just come naturally when he attacked you?

My money's on the latter. If I'm right, It'll make me even more eager to train in kickboxing, thai boxing, or just plain boxing for a similar effect: someone attacks you, you go into "fight mode" and pound them.

I think this is a very healthy (useful) reaction to have, as long as you learn to distinguish between attacking, play-fighting, and other things :p

12. NaughtyKnight

Just because you know how to fight, doesnt mean that you have to randomly start street fights.

Just knowing that if some muppet tries to interupt a date you on, you can cave in their chest without batting an eye lid, is very rewarding :p.

Christ that last scentence taxed my grammer! :Angel:

13. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

Good man. I knew you wouldn't let me down. :D

14. NaughtyKnight

Im sure the blonde wouldnt let you go down either :Angel: ;)

15. Sankaku-jime

Sankaku-jime Banned Banned

"Kickboxing comes in handy when in trouble"

You were not in trouble though were you.

16. NaughtyKnight

I think some attacking you counts as being in trouble ;)

17. Sankaku-jime

but it was his own fault, he should have stayed out of it.

18. NaughtyKnight

So if you go looking for it, it isnt trouble anymore? So what is it then?

19. Jointlock

Jointlock Valued Member

Why? Telling someone to break up a fight is not inviting them to fight you. How do you know that one of the guys wasn't being robbed?

One of the big reasons that people get victimized is because other people look the other way and ignore wrong doing. They are afraid to get involved. Why do you think women are told to yell fire instead of rape. When someone is screaming for help everyone thinks that someone else will call the police and then no one does. That's bull crap if you ask me.

A friend of mine in a Cabella's parking lot a couple of years ago witnessed a guy slapping his wife around. There were several people walking into the store because it had just opened, but no one did anything about it. So, my friend told the guy to stop and they got into an altercation and my friend knocked the wind out of the guy. But, still people were standing around watching and no one helped. It turns out that the guy was on probation and ended up going back to prison for a year.

I think the more people that do this type of things and stand up for others, the better off we will all be.

20. Sankaku-jime

Now your just being pedantic, i think i have made my point, its fairly obvious and needs no further explanation.