Kickboxing combinations

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by BlacKnight6604, Dec 7, 2003.

1. shalomdokwan87

shalomdokwan87 Valued Member

kicking combos

frontsnap kick inside cresent back spin to a buterfly kick it is a great combo that has helped me in tournaments ask me if u need more i am full of combos

2. Jame$

Jame$ New Member

I find this simple combo normaly catches people, start with a skip roundhouse to the outside thigh, thyen step in with a left jab followed by a hard straight right elbow..then just finish it with a solid push kick to the stomach.

3. LesliesFighter

LesliesFighter New Member

if your left foot is forward:

try a right cross punch to the head followed by a left hand uppercut to the plexus or lower stomach to make his guard come down farther to a right hand overhand punch to the head.

4. thaiboxer

thaiboxer New Member

I find that anything that just keeps piling on the pressure is good as your constantly wearing your opponent down and weakening his guard. For example; front kick of the front, fake to the leg with a roundhouse and hit to the head then keep on the momentum with some spin kick and finish with a turning side kick to finish him! I find that once you get going the momentum just keeps you moving forward.

5. Jax

Jax New Member

yeah but if hes good at defence probly none will make contact and you are going to be seriously knackerd after a few rounds and he will be fresh, you will then be buggered :D

6. thaiboxer

thaiboxer New Member

I suppose your right there. But it is for a slightly more seasoned martial artist not a noobie!

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

As a general guideline, I like combinations that start with the hands. Jab, cross, round kick. Jab, cross, front kick. Jab, cross, jab, side kick (the extra jab to cover up the different hip movement for the side kick).

People often step backward to avoid attacks. And if you attack with a kick, and they step back, you've got nothing left to offer. If you open with punches and they step back, they're in perfect range for your followup kick.

Stuart

8. speed_dragon

speed_dragon Valued Member

kickoxing does not allow the backfist in any form of kickboxing

9. Jax

Jax New Member

yeah it does, just not a spinning backfist.

10. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I think that's backward. The spinning backfist is allowed in several types of kickboxing. Including K1.

11. Jax

Jax New Member

I thought i would check- heres what the k-1 website has to say

AUTHORIZED FIGHTING TECHNIQUES

The following fighting techniques are authorized.
    Punches: Straight punches, hooks, uppers, and backspin blows.
    Kicks: Front kicks, low kicks, middle kicks, high kicks, side kicks, back kicks, inner thigh kicks, jumping kicks, and knee kicks.

The following restrictions apply to the use of the backspin blow.
    (a) The authorized area of contact for the backspin blow shall be the area of the glove where it bends at the wrist and beyond to the tip of the glove.

(b) If an area other than the authorized area of contact hits and injures the opponent by accident, Article 12, sub-article 3 shall apply.

12. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I think that's because of the prevalence of the spinning elbow in some systems. Not sure though.

13. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

The backfist and the spinning backfist are allowed in most kickboxing just not the spinning bottom fist. This is because the edge of the glove is not paded enough. The spinning bottom fist was legal at one time but there were a lot of complains about the damage it does. So a compromise was made to use the back of the glove as it is well padded.
    The combo with the most knockouts I have seen in kickboxing is jab, cross rear leg round kick to the side of the head. The person is concentrating on the straight punches and the round kick comes out of view.

14. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

I like these:
    jab-cross-l.hook- right low kick

or,....
    jab-l.sidekick done in quick succession,... they dont expect the side kick straight after the jab

15. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I like to work the following;
    Jab, cross, round kick
    Jab, cross, clinching knee
    Foot jab, rear roundhouse
    Front roundhouse, push kick- some bizarro footwork here
    As well as basic boxing combos, i.e. double jab, 1-2, 1-2 hook, jab hook uppercut etc.
    Also, clinching knee, diagonal elbow strike.

16. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

R. Jab, L. Jab, R. Hook, L. Hook, R. Roundhouse. I use this alot when I'm sparring for fun agaisnt my friend

17. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

How can you have a right jab unless you're a southpaw?

18. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

jab jab sidek, r rh k, hook, axe, cross KO

19. Prior

Prior New Member

Two possibilities :
    1) When you throw a right punch but without putting your weight behind it (in example : left jab, right jab to the face (it doesn't matter if it hits, it must disturb opponent's vision) and then rear roundhouse to the legs.

2) Some martial art school that doesn't put much emphasis (or not at all!) on punching call every straight punch a jab.

Hope it helps,
    Prior