kickboxing any good?

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Legend Awakens, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Legend Awakens

Legend Awakens New Member

how can kick boxing compete with ninjutsu or any other arts its just punches and kicks so predictable

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

:rolleyes:

Here we go!

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

ROFLMAO

Welcome to MAP :D

Some may say that a few techniques drilled under realistic resistance are worth more than a thousand copied into your notebook or that are too deadly to spar competitively with :D

4. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

Come spar with me , i'll show you :D

Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  5. OBCT

OBCT New Member

They train hard, condition hard, spar with real moving people at real moving speed, kickboxing's not for me, did it a few weeks (IAKSA club, also does Lau Gar there) but the people there are very good at what they do. Although i prefer TMA myself, i wouldn't fancy my chances too much against a good kickboxer, or a good MT fighter for that matter. And trust me, the kick/punch will land on you before you've had chance to 'predict' it, by which time the second strike would be on the way.

6. rick_nz

rick_nz Valued Member

Umm & you want people to answer this?:woo:
    like Johnny X said " here we go ":rolleyes:
    go & train at a kickboxing gym & see/feel how predictable there punches / kicks are & post back your findings (at least that would be a more interesting post )

7. moogong

moogong Valued Member

Just because you can predict something does not mean you can prevent it from happening. I can predict the sun will rise tomorrow morning at 6:45 but there is nothing I can do to stop it.

8. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

Definately, only I can stop the sun.
    Well on a less important note, anyone that trains hard should not be understimated.

9. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Predictable? Ha. It may be predictable to an extent - but you have to realize that if you opponent has been training hard in kickboxing you will have very little time to predict anything.

10. jokerlaughsatu

jokerlaughsatu New Member

remember, a gun only has one technique. wouldnt want to take one on in a fight though

11. markyg

markyg MAP Muppet

"Guns are made to be shot, not thrown Harley" :D

12. InsaneSocrates

InsaneSocrates New Member

yes! anyone of any style, who trains hard enough will not be an easy kill. the only way to counter this, is train just as hard or harder than your opponent. Train your mind first, once you get your mind ready, then work on physical fitness. anyone can get physical fitness, the mind is the key to fighting of any type..

13. InsaneSocrates

Once again, if your fast enough, even if they do see your move they will not be able to counter it.

14. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

Training your mind before your body results in wasted effort. Once your mind is fully developed and able you will not receive the mind benefits which come from hard physical training.

15. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

oh god...
    Please, please, think about what you are saying before you say it. As for ninjitsu being better than kickboxing?
    ROFLMAO :D:D:D:D:D

16. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

ROFLMAO :D :D

You are yet to be exposed to Muai Thai my freind. after that u'll be no more.
    -TkdWarrior-

17. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

No, no, no. You don't predict, you react. Predicting requires thinking, which wastes time. Reactions are instant. If you train long and hard enough, your techniques become conditioned reflexes. When you understand this, predictableness goes straight out the window, as it is worthless, especially in fast paced sparring/combat.

18. Kirberus

Kirberus Valued Member

Exactly. Even if someone only has moves that seem simple, when drilled enough they become extremely good at them. They will move so fast that if you try to predict them you are already hit. Training until your techniques become a reflex, like Twimyo Jirugi said, is the key to winning a fight.

19. InsaneSocrates

well, sure thats the easy and probably the best way. but the best way i can think of is analyzing your opponents moves and reacting with the best action. Although, since i have never experienced this level of thinking, im not even sure if humans can think that fast. If they can, that would definately be the best way.

20. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I'll spar with you :D As long as what you successfully hit me with, you teach me afterwards :D