Kick Bag Training

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Unreal Combat, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Having a play on the kick bag at Three Arrows gym while the students were getting ready.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJOO47fK0oQ"]Three Arrows Kick Bag Training - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
  2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I've already added a comment on FB, but in class this morning I had students drilling a jab, cross and kick combo, then a jab, cross, kick, kick combo, just as you demonstrate here.

This video will be really good for them to see how someone at your level does it.

I really like this video.

3. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Nice very smooth UC! Nice combinations and switching.

4. Unreal Combat

I particularly like the cross, hook, kick combo. Mainly because the hooking and kicking heights can be mixed up to give the opponent a hard time. It's good for setting yourself up to kick across the body or the front of the legs as well.

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

6. icefield

icefield Valued Member

i remember watching Mr Perfect destroy guys with that combination in K1, switching the kick and hook levels to really keep them guessing always been a favourite of mine, nice work

7. Unreal Combat

It's one of my favourite combinations too. It's pretty basic, and fairly simple once you get your head around the footwork, but it adds a lot of complexity to a fighters game plan. I drill it as often as I can.