Ki, Feeling no Pain, Yeah Right! ( Video Inside )

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Upgraded, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Upgraded

Upgraded Valued Member

2. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

id doubt that...
    that adam's apple strike is actually very easy to defend against (in a demo lol)
    and in the end where the four guys hit the MA'ist at the same time they didnt put much power into the strikes. Also it appears that the guy who was punching from behind barely touched the MA'ist.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  3. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

I don't get why they don't let like a Pro Boxer or something punch them instead. Just because someone is big doesn't mean much when it comes to punching etc, they need some tech to get the power/weight behind it.

4. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

Interesting vid,
    But wasn't that one guy a MMA fighter and they gave his record of fights?? grrr, sorry cannot check vid won't run right now.

5. SteelyPhil

I don't remember that being stated.... Some pro-footballers i believe? And with Superman as voice over.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

7. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

I try to be sceptical about these things but thats quite impressive.

8. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

To me the second one was a bit more impressive.
    After seeing some of the slowed down footage of "regular" people doing the strikes I did see the wrists buckle a bit and go off of the original target. This would ultimately lessen the effect of the blow (as steely was mentioning) but seeing Genki Sudo's strikes in slow motion you don't see any break in the wrist or his wrist move from the target. He hits them square.

My question is could you do this in a true combat oriented fight? All of this stuff is giving the people time to prepare etc. Could they do this on the street w/o any notice? Also my old shihan used to love to walk up to people that would withstand punches like this then grab a meaty part of the arm and pinch to see if they could maintain concentration :D I would like to see this tested other than in a Demo setup.

9. SteelyPhil

I can't watch the second video (bloody youtube, anybody else have that problem???).
    Glad to see they actually test it against someone decent.
    Taoquan does raise a very good point. All this centering yourself and calming your mind needs to be pressure tested and with only a very little warning. Can these guys do it just as they walk home? (lets say through a dark abandonned forest for arguements sake, somewhere where you could be jumped at, but have a long non-specfic prep time). Can they do it in the 30 seconds leading up to a pub fight? While trying to talk the guy down?
    Would be hella cool if they could, but i doubt all bar the GM could do it.