Khan's Next Fight

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Boardeaux, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Yeah, but it should... from a style point of view khan is a nightmare for Broner. He is much shorter, doesn't fight well at a distance and khan should (don't know the numbers) have a HUGE reach on him. Floyd wants them to fight on his undercard which would be a good money fight. There might be some fights where he makes more money, but if beating broner in style ultimately beating broner in style gets him a fight with Floyd, then so what?

khan was 1 punch away from headlining ESPN Friday night fights and now has an opportunity to fight on PPV? IMO it's an easy choice to make unless he really doesn't think he could beat broner.

2. Boardeaux

Boardeaux Valued Member

But also Floyd said he'd fight whoever the fans voted for and look what happened there

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Like you say SiB, money talks and I can foresee Khan making a u-turn on his decision not to fight Broner (especially if it guarantees a match-up with Floyd). Maybe him calling Floyd "full of <CENSORED>" was just a publicity stunt?

4. Saved_in_Blood

That was a joke and everyone knows it. Floyd's twitter poll was the only one that had khan ahead, all other polls had Maidana. Maidana got a bad ref for his fight with khan, most refs would have stopped their fight in the 10th rd. In a rematch I can almost guarantee Maidana winning by stoppage.

5. Saved_in_Blood

Virgil Hunter says Broner will NOT be next in his exact words... but khan has the ultimate say, there are plenty of fights out there, but khan needs to cash out before he gets KO'd again.

6. puma

puma Valued Member

What about Collazo? Go on Khan, I dare you! I know you read MA Planet!

7. Boardeaux

Boardeaux Valued Member

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  8. Saved_in_Blood

As I said in the other thread... I think khan's in for it vs. Collazo.

9. puma

puma Valued Member

Well, credit where it's due. Dangerous, very dangerous. But well done Khan. Proved me wrong!

10. Saved_in_Blood

I wouldn't praise him to much. He's likely thinking he can steamroll Collazo, a lot of people seem to take Luis not serious enough.

11. puma

puma Valued Member

Does anyone think Khan will be favourite going into this fight? At this time I think I expect him to get KO'ed again.

12. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Collazo was on the decline for a long, long time previous to his recent KO of Ortiz. He controlled that (Ortiz) very well but :dunno:

I think its fair to say that Collazo is a big step up for Khan and I don't think it would be to Khan's advantage to stand and trade with such a big, experienced fighter as Collazo.

Khan should rely on his speed - but he's stepping up in weight here so I'm not certain if that will be there.

13. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Khan by split decision.

14. Saved_in_Blood

khan is one of the easiest fighters to figure out... Collazo by KO/TKO.

15. belltoller

[​IMG]

Think so? Hows that?

I think if all goes well for him, his best bet is to stay outta reach and out-point, if he makes the mistake of trying to stand or his climbing up in weight didn't do well for his speed...

16. puma

puma Valued Member

But he will get hit..........

17. belltoller

yes...repeatedly

18. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

It was a joke.

19. belltoller

Your prediction for the Khan fight?

20. puma

puma Valued Member

The more I think about it, the more I come to the same conclusion. Khan comes out at the start like a house on fire. Looks great, Collazo probably thinking, " WTF! This guy has ridiculously fast hands." But he rides the storm, catches Khan, Khan goes over, and then things get real messy for Khan. Khan is extremely talented, but in my opinion he just hasn't learnt his craft. And when he gets hurt it is like he knows nothing about boxing, he goes like a complete novice. He thinks a good defense is just puttuing your hands up.