Khan vs Kindlmann spoiler

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Yukimushu, May 14, 2005.

1. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Khan vs Kinderlan spoiler

Did anyone watch the Khan vs Kinderlan rematch? Again it was under amature rules, but Amir Khan beat Kinderlan by only a few points, then reported that he intends to leave the amature scene and have his first pro fight within the next few months.

This was Kinderlan's last fight; and whilst its a shame he lost on his last, Khan did deserve it.

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Khan def deserved. He has no choice but to go pro now, it's the only way.

3. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Dazed & Confused

It was a good fight, be interesting to watch Khan trying for the youngest Uk world champ title that he's talking about.

4. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Great fight. Khan will have to be very fit though, he is such a high tempo fighter, keeping that going for a pro fight will be difficult.

5. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

I didnt see the fight although i know who won and will watch it tommorow.
    Will be interesting to see how he fares pro. A lot of the top names say that adapting is the hardest part.
    I personally think hes an anti climax, hes having his fame, will win a few fights here and there and diminsih into the crowd. BUT, i could easily be proved wrong :)

6. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Yes, but obviously he isn't going to go all out in his pro fights like that. He only had 8 minutes tonight to make the difference, when it's 3 minutes a round and 12 rounds he won't be going out quite so quickly! It's gonna be interesting anyway.

7. kano junior

kano junior Uchi-Monster!!

I was amazed to se such a high class fighter like kinderlan go so easily to an 18 year old fighter from Bolton. Khan has a big future if he is clever.

8. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

In some way I feel kind of sorry for him - he's got all this media coverage, everyone is expecting him to excel as a professional boxer. But what if he doesn't? There's a huge difference between amature and pro fighting.

He's now left with a huge burden on his shoulders.

9. kano junior

kano junior Uchi-Monster!!

I agree, the british people are now expecting him to do great things. He does not need that kind of pressure going into pro boxing. :cool:

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

This pressure and burden on his shoulders, could even effect his training and mental attitude towards his first few pro fights.

11. Koryo

Koryo Valued Member

Yeah, but let's be honest. His first few fights are going to be a walkover. No one goes pro and goes strait in to high-callibre title fights. He'll be eased into it, starting off with glorified punchbags and working up until he's ready.

12. I can see him getting stuck with Frank Warren, and fighting/beating cans until he eventually retires (รก la Audley Harrison). Can't see him doing very well in the Pro ranks, though, but that's my opinion. He is an exceptional amateur fighter, and should stick with that and excell even more (I can see the attraction of money, though).

I too was amazed at how easy Kindelan was going. He didn't seem particularly bothered about the fight, and it looked like he had just come over to England to keep peace and have a friendly fight. So close to the end of the fight he should surely have gone for the knock out.

13. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

There again he's far younger than Audley was when he went pro. He's got along time to improve. I think it would probably be best for him not to have his first few fights televised and in fact to drop out the the public eye altogether for awhile.

If he doesn't rush to fight quality pros and takes his time, trains hard, and takes things gradually I think he could make it to the top. All this talk of being world champion at 21 isn't good for him IMO, thats an unrealistic goal.

14. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

Khan won? Yeeeeeess!!!

I've been trying to find out all day

And yeah, he deserved his revenge :)

15. Oh, he won't rush into them with Warren. Rather the contrary :woo: :bang:

He might, like you say, need to take a step away from the limelight for a while. I still think that he will be fighting cans until his retirement, winning a meaningless european title in his first fight or something.

There'll be such a big bounty on his head, too (boxing terms, not hitmen ;))

16. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Valued Member

True, but at the same time he has the kind of exposure that 99% of other fighters would kill for. He has the chance to make some real money which is mainly what the pro game is all about if we're honest. If he doesn't excel at least he will have made some money. I agree with those who say that trying to became the youngest British World Champion is putting too much pressure on him.

It's too early to say whether he will. Two things I think you need in the pro game is a decent chin and at least respectable power if you want to go far. It's difficult to tell from the amateur game whether a boxer has those or not. Take Thomas Hearns for example. As an amateur he was known as a slick stylist and then went and stopped 26 out of his first 28 opponents in the pros.

17. Bograt

Bograt Banned Banned

Sorry to rain on everyones fire, Whilst Khan is a very good boxer I don't personally rate the guy he is quite a good technical boxer and young but a true champ must be able to deffend and attack with equal skill and he/she has to have a very good chin. Whilst Khan is a good technical attacking boxer he has yet to prove to me he can defend effectively however when he is put under strong pressure he has difficulty handling his apponent and I just feel that give him a good strong pro boxer Khan will stuggle Just like Audley Harris and lets face it he aint going anywhere fast. I also wonder if he can take one on the chin.

Last edited: May 16, 2005
  18. I think that's already been exposed as a no.