Keysi Fighting Methods

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Keysi_chick, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Dan Inosanto seems to be Justo Dieguez (sp?) instructor.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

And Andy Norman was affiliated with Marc McFann for a while and holds a grade under Bob Breen I believe

If KFM is like Wu-Shu it must have changed quite considerably since I last saw it then!

It is also my understanding that the "Keysi" refers to Justo himself. SO you are actually practicing "Justo Dieguez Fighting Method"...which as Yoda said so eloquently is "one mans reading" of JKD

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

As was Justo.

As am I :D

4. Hannibal

He's rather good isn't he? :D

5. YODA

He is indeed. Did you know he's in the UK right NOW?

6. Freeform

Where?!? When?!? What?!?

And how much?!? :D

7. YODA

You've missed most of it by now...

24 Aberdeen Pat Davies 07710 401111

25 Ayr G Leggat 07881 806565

26 Shildon, Co Durham Richy Welsh 01388 773554

27 Warwick Krishna Godhannia 0770 2554662

28 Newmarket Jay Gibley 0788 7538191

30/31 Northampton Ewen Campbell 07850 434345

8. Freeform

NNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Damn! Damn! Damn! :bang:

I bet he had some cool t-shirts though :)

9. Hannibal

I agree...I still have my "knock 'em down and tap 'em out" shirt from Waaaayyyyy back!

When is he next back

10. YODA

Probably late February early March.

11. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

You don't know what your missing, hitting teach with a stick can sometimes be the highlight of my Day.

Give us a shout if you change your mind Keysi chick :D

12. seany85

seany85 Valued Member

All I about Keysi is that Dan Isanato(sp?) had something to do with it, its from Spain, uses weapons, and from what was already been stated on this thread, bar that i know nothing about it.

Could you tell us a little about the history, the concepts behind it please.

13. mike-a

mike-a Eskrima Geek

What's all this about the Keysi method being used in the new Batman Movie?

I read an early draft of the script, and there was a lot on mention of Kali and Silat...

14. kfm_davie

kfm_davie New Member

Hi everyone ive been doing KFM in the Glasgow Full time Academy with George an Mandy for a few months now.
    Ive have done various martial-arts for years now including Karate and J.K.D but Keysi fighting method is simply awesome the roots of Keysi are not that difficult to trace.
    Its a fighting style developed by Justo Dieguez a superb martial artist who studied JKD with Guru Dan Inosanto and has excelled in many other martial arts and has recently been entered in the black-belt hall of fame.
    Keysi is known as exterme evolution J.K.D but it is not a clone or purely someone's interpretation of JKD its much more than that its a Martial art based on knowledge ,research and experimentation and is a ever changing and developing.
    This fighting method is not flowery or tied up in martial arts fantasy it is a forward easy to understand simplistic but highly efficient Martial art,not to say that this martial art is not beautiful to look at just that its direct and straight to the point.
    After seeing Mandy and George demonstrate the "nine count" at a basic class i was blown away and have been hooked ever since.
    There has been a lot of speculation as to whether or not KFM is a good martial art or even a martial art in its own right but all i can say is after studying Keysi for only a few months i have total belief in this fighting method and feel better as a martial artist and a more confident human being.
    If you are living aroung the Glasow area and would like more info or would like to attend a class i suggest you phone 0141 554 1700.

15. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

in what way is it a step up from JKD? i train in JKD/Kali/Ecrima etc so i am curious, i have seen the articles i MAI but have been unable to fathom it

16. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

where did you find that draft and where did that rumor start.

17. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

The "good marketing" is starting to take on the whiff of a personality cult.....

Read a few consecutive MAIs and you'll see what I mean.

It's Ok to advertise like crazy but these "advert/articles" do all seem a bit evangelical to me.....

18. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

A good salesman always gets his clients to tell everyone how wonderfull and how unique his product really is.

How something can be lets say be an upgraded version of JKD would infact still be JKD would it not as JKD is all about Upgrading yourself everyday.

from what I have seen on this stuff is looks weird and sounds even weirder. Yes your right Paul S, is looks more and more like a cult rather than a MA group.

But what do I know of JKD and it's off-shoots:rolleyes:

That my freind is JKD:)

That's JKD too:)

Regards

Pat

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  19. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

i agree, the KFM does seem to be becoming more of a cult in relation to the articles. i respect any kind of offshoot of JKD as long as it sticks to the principles which Bruce put down. maybe it is me, but KFM does seem overcomplicated and not at all direct and i agree with Pat, that given the defiinition above, KFM is still JKD so in what way has it gone beyond JKD so i may lran the secret. have been training hard in JKD/Kali/escrima/grappling for 6yrs now and still very much on a learning curve.

Pat, where are you holding your lessons, your website will not stay up, my system has issues with it my email is OMALLEY542@aol.com (It's the Girlfriends surname by the way)

20. kfm_davie

kfm_davie New Member

Look my friend i am an intelligent successful human being and iam not your text book character who would become brain washed by a cult or even supernatural marketing techniques (for something that is so well marketed i pay less than what i did when i was doing karate or jkd).
    For a man who knows so much of jkd you dont seem to understand the simple concept that jkd is a formless art there is no jkd and even in your opinion if keysi is simply jkd then so what !
    i have done jeet kune do in affiliated schools and i feel that the instructors never looked forward and the art stayed stagnant and developed a form of its own.
    I think you have taken me out of context i said that keysi was extreme evolution jkd not simply an upgraded version of jkd a upgraded approach but jkd is not the only part of keysi theres much more to it and there has never been deceptive marketing saying that keysi is not affiliated with jkd in anyway.
    ive never heard of a jkd instructor coming to his class and saying i have decided there may be a better/different approach to a pak sao etc....
    Just because someone enjoys and has belief in something doesn't mean they have been brain washed and bears no influence on there religious beliefs.
    Joseph Stalin had a personality cult not Justo or Andy or even any of there students.We are not told to or encouraged to glorify or even market keysi i was just replying to folks who wanted more info and i put it forward in a direct and honest way.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004