Keysi fighting method?

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by silverfox_y2k, Sep 28, 2003.

1. KFM Croydon

KFM Croydon New Member

Hey Guys,

Just letting everyone know if your insterested in trying out Keysi Fighting Method we have started classes [Please review MAP's policy on advertising per the terms of service you agreed to when you joined up. Thanks very much.]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  2. SeeDarkly

SeeDarkly Valued Member

I used to train in it about 5 years ago. I quite liked it as a system as such, it is quite effective vs "regular" people i'e non martial artist types.
    The elbow cover was good for me as my eyesight is atrocious and I can't do boxing style guarding as my eyes simply can't see movement well enough:)
    It does have weakenesses aye, I'd say primarily against trained opponents.
    As for some of the other stuff, such as punching the legs...you'd be surprised how often that does work-even on "trained" people.
    What put me off in the end though, was the advertising. I always get a bad feeling in my gut when I see stuff like that start to do the rounds. But that said, everyone I have met at senior level in Keysi has always been nice and humble people, both Justo and Andy are top class gentlemen.

3. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Thread necromancy.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

*raises hackles*

[​IMG]

5. SeeDarkly

SeeDarkly Valued Member

Ironcally, you just bumped it twice more...didn't know I wasn't allowed to post in a thread past a certain timescale.

6. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Catch 22, reopen an old thread is threadomancy, open a new one is 'look for the search button' ;)

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Agreed. I don't have a problem with thread necromancy, provided it's to add something substantive.

8. SeeDarkly

SeeDarkly Valued Member

Aye, some bad attitude floating around this thread-just wanted to pop my viewpoint in, being an ex-kfmer as well....*shrugs* I know better now eh? :p

9. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

I think given your particular circumstances a new thread with a bit more info on how / why it fitted for you as a training system would be better, perhaps with more info about what you are doing now and how that meets the same criteria?

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

See that card? That's meant in jest
    See my hackles? They aren't raised
    See that sense of humor? Try asking for one of your own

Relax - its the Internet

11. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

And it won't hurt as much if you don't fight it.

12. MaxSmith

MaxSmith Valued Member

I second this.

Looked almost as cool in the Batman movies as Wing Chun did in the Ip Man movies though.