Keysi fighting method?

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by silverfox_y2k, Sep 28, 2003.

1. silverfox_y2k

silverfox_y2k Valued Member

Hey there guys,

Just wondering if any of you have attended any keysi, classes, seminars or instructor courses? I see in a particular martial arts magazine in the UK that it seems to be an effective fighting system/concept. I was thinking of perhaps attending a seminar and perhaps if I enjoyed it may do an instructors course.
    Are there any keysi instructors/practitioners in London?

Thanks

2. Wyle_E

Wyle_E New Member

Hi

There are three qualified KFM instructors in London atm. But i think only one of them is teaching new students - as part of the Cross Training Academy.

Email them on info@xtracademy.com

W.

3. Adam

Adam New Member

Never heard of keysi. Sounds like another Israeli martial art. Do you have a link or something explaining the concepts and history of the art? Thanks.

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Last edited: May 14, 2004
  6. keysi-nailbomb

keysi-nailbomb New Member

i have attended keysi classes for over a year at ROB LOCKS ACADEMY and i love it,i think its the most devastating martial arts that i have ever seen and i have trained in many other styles over the years,i have done a seminar up at the KEYSI SUPERCENTRE in hull may this year and met most of the crew down there "andy norman doesnt half hit hard he made my mouth bleed"lol.but yeah its an awesome art in a world of its own, great body mechanics and devastating blows its almost artistic with the way the body functions.and how you can control other people within a fight,the trapping side to it is awesome something i have never seen before.it is very good martial arts it covers from standing to ground in a unique way.and everything else in between.so altogether i would say its the best for the street.no doubt.above everyhting else it is real.so just try it for yourselves.

7. Keysi_chick

Keysi_chick New Member

Hey have to say i agree with you keysi-nailbomb (quite a peculiar name :D )
    the training is amazing, the overall theory of it is just superb ie. the thought process behind it. im currently on the instructors course, year1 and im thoroughly enjoying every damn minute of it. Its unlike any martial art that ive seen before and is just way awesome. :D

8. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

agree with lasty two posts think its an effective and interesting martial art to learn andy is very good

9. keysi-nailbomb

keysi-nailbomb New Member

glad people are argreeing with me i am soon to go on the instructor course so i might even see you,its going to be great i really enjoy keysi its the best martial arts i have ever trained in.speak to you all soon.

10. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

i would really like to know more about this
    by the way the thread posted earlier does not work :cry:

11. barners01

barners01 New Member

Hi I've been searching for a club near West Sussex but the nearest would be London. But I was wondering do you need experience in KFM first before doing an instructors course? The website doesn't say you do but that doesn't mean you don't need experience first. If anyones done an instructors course your opinion would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Barney

12. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102353&highlight=keysi

Interesting that the reviews in this thread were not very positive. Anyone have anything to explain what was being talked about when KFM was called -

''Scientology for martial artists''

''There is also a lot of hype and 'street lethal' marketing involved.

I'd not bother with it myself, at worst it's just hollow flash masquerading as pragmatism and at best I can't see it being anywhere near superior to solid boxing skills combined with some fundamental clinch grappling/striking ability''

Just interested as the comments above seem in complete disagreement with those stated in this thread.

LFD

13. icefield

icefield Valued Member

from what i have seen its another street leathel system, its shielding/covering work has been done before to much better effect (rodney kings crazy monkey for example) some of the blocks and striking ideas (punching the legs, elbowing incoming kicks from a low stance) seem unworkable and i have yet to see it used against a decent striker in any format

14. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Nope just bring a stack of cash and you'll get what you want.

The Bear.

15. KFMLondon

KFMLondon New Member

Keysi Fighting Method KFM - London and West Sussex 2012!!!!

<advertising>

Imposible solo existe en el mundo de los incapaces.

J. Quintanilla Del Mar

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
  16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You could at least TRY and be subtle - buy advertising space you cheap git

And minus several million for necromancy too

17. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

It was once marketed in its early days as JKD Evolution the I read and heard it was a Spanish street fighting system. I sure it has some nice guys in it but from what I have seen of it it's a bad version of Panantukan.

Not very keen on the elbow covers around the head thing they do. I have some big boxers in my group who would body punch that out of you in a flash.

But if you like it and have fun with it go for it just don't fall for all the street leathal stuff and promotional stuff that's used. Every system is street leathal isn't it ;)

18. Revobuzz

Revobuzz Valued Member

I went to a couple of keysi classes and found it very good. I think the emphasis an the "thinking man" may be a bit of a limitation in a way, but I only went to a couple of classes so not an expert or anyhting.

I think it gets slagged off a bit because of the way it was/is marketed and the hype over the batman films. That's taken some attention away from the real point of is it any good or not, which imho it certainly is.

19. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

The way you market something gives people the first impression of what it is suppose to be, like I said I am sure their are some good guys in it, but in all honesty from what I have seen it has limitations and its not what it says on the tin.

But each to his own, I just dont like the we are the most street lethal stuff you see banded around by a lot of groups like this. Street lethal is an idividual thing not a style/system based thing. What you learn may help or it may be a hinderance but what you do as a person is the difference between being street lethal or not.

And if its lethal for you to be on the street stay at home and dont open the door I say ;)

20. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Wise words Oh Great One! :hail: