Keysi Fighting Method - Overview

Discussion in 'MMA' started by nono10, Aug 5, 2015.

1. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

True, but if the op is gonna post in the mma thread, he might as well expect people to start calling him bro and asking him to come at them.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

That should be a sticky......

3. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

I'd like to see how they pass and how they do that/adapt that, against an active guard that's attempting to break posture, cover, move the head, tie up arms and utilise grips in order to strike back and sweep. Seems like going crazy with elbows and hammers from guard top against a static guard shows very little especially if we are talking MMA specific training to be used against fighters who know how use their guard effectively in that context. I'm personally not at all impressed.

4. Hannibal

Like Sak used to do you mean?

5. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Yes. I'd find a sakuraba video on guard passing/opening and striking from guard top more interesting.

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I tried Keysi and I think it's essentially bad boxing/Muay Thai with a funky guard tacked on the end as a unique selling point. The biggest problem I had was the instructors trying to sell it as an all-encompassing system without the need to cross-train. At least my Krav instructor admitted the ground stuff was basic and advocated going to BJJ at least once a week to improve our mechanics.

7. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

It was kind of interesting that one time someone asked him about spanking Ryan Gracie and he waxed deadpan about how he was trying to numb nerves in his legs or something.

8. icefield

icefield Valued Member

That would mean they would have to actually train with people who know what they are doing and compete regularly.....

9. Hannibal

BLASPHEMY!!!!

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

This calls for two chickens.

11. icefield

icefield Valued Member

a novel and unique approach in some systems I know but hopefully one day it will catch on!!