Keysi Fighting Method - Overview

Discussion in 'MMA' started by nono10, Aug 5, 2015.

1. nono10

nono10 New Member

About Keysi Fighting Method:
    Keysi fighting method is one of the newer and most popular martial arts, which also considered from self-defense techniques that human used in his real life situations. KFM belongs to Spanish gypsy origins, developed since 1980 by Justo Dieguez Serrano. Justo met Andy Norman of Yorkshire, England who has become the co-founder of KFM, which rise the beginning of this method’s growth. This method was born in the oriented streets of Spain and United Kingdom from the founders experience in the streets fighting, based on the person’s instinct and his growth, which relies also on his street fighting techniques, it became more popular after many events and movies such as:
    [​IMG]

Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    Mission Impossible III
    Munich
    Quantum of Solace (007)
    Clash of the Titans
    First season of Game of Thrones
    Jack Reacher

Justo changed the method’s name, so that it called now Keysi by Justo dieguez.

Principals and Fighting Techniques:
    KFM based on the experimentation, research and knowledge of its practitioner. However, it’s the philosophy of life that brings up with the human and the method that he lives in his life.
    - If you want to practice keysi fighting method you should apply this method: Pensador or “Thinking Man”. This last means that you must focus entirely on philosophy and ethics in KFM training. To get this stance you must place your hands on top of your head, and the elbows out forward. This method make you in a good position to start attacking your opponent by inflicting some high intensity strikes, at high, middle and low lines to deficit the opponent’s attention. The main focus in KFM is to protect the head because it’s the most vulnerable body part.
    - Keysi fighting method teaches you also how to move your body during the fighting and attacking your opponent in the correct way, try to focus entirely on the vital parts such as the biceps, kidneys or solar plexus of the adversary when he moves to expose more targets. You must be quick enough during KFM training to inflict the opponent and exploiting his vital parts in less moment before he can defends on them.

Training Method and Schools:
    - The core of KFM training is “instinct”, because only fighting techniques doesn’t enough in this method, because when a real life self-defense situation you have not enough time to recollect and apply enough techniques to defend yourself, this method relies on the person’s instinct in this situation so that you should have a martial instinct to practice this method easily.
    - The keysi fighting method schools are circulated in the whole world, but most of them are located in Europe. KFM is also starting its growth in Australia by building some schools in Perth, Brisbane and Canberra. But in United States, there is only one MMA training school that includes keysi fighting method that students prefer more than the online university. Some seminars are organized in some cities such as New York, Florida, Texas and Maryland.
    What is the influence of KFM?
    Although KFM ends unexpectedly, that influenced on the whole Keysi worldwide positively by its development since its launch during 35 years before, KFM have been changed and involved trough fighting experience, martial techniques, continuous learning and variety of teaching method.

Keysi fighting method gives many benefits when you learned it, which it can train you to become a good in self-defense and master militant martial arts in general.

MOD Note. Please don't re-edit after MOD intervention.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
  2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Lol@ "most popular".

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Most people have never heard of it; fewer still have trained in it

I have always viewed as a cousin to JKD and the exposure I had to it was back with Andy and Justo in Hull in 1996/1997 where it was VERY close to the JKDC side of the fence.

I cannot categorically comment on recent directions because i only have video footage to go off, but the above post smacks of all hype with no substance - it is marketing copy by someone who is parroting what they have been fed

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

No mention of Andy Norman jumping ship and forming his own "thing" (Defence Lab or something I think it's called?)?

Also this made me laugh...

What's an oriented street? One that's aligned with the compass?

5. Hannibal

Always got on well with Andy - top bloke

6. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

I thought Keysei/KFM had been wound up?

7. Purespite

Purespite Valued Member

That makes sense - whenever I've seen any it always made me think panantukan :)

8. Hannibal

Being brutally honest the latter stuff and development I found less impressive - it was almost as if they had gone for a USP and missed the point of fighting in the first place

9. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Being brutally honest if you want a system that teaches a high close guard defence and which you can actually use head over to Rodney kings website and try crazy monkey, that’s actually been proven to work against someone hitting you both in and out of a cage

10. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Keysi is an absolute joke.

I second icefields recommendation for CMD if you want a defence orientated boxing system designed for people who lack the attributes or mentality for boxing/kickboxing: you'll learn to manage distance/close distance, protect you head and generate proper power in your punches.

Keysi is style over substance and having seen it in the flesh a few times all I can say is 'no thanks'.

11. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Spanish Gypsy origins?

No,thanks. I'm holding out for a martial system with origins from the Travellers of Ireland.

They have better pipers.

12. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

What is a USP?

13. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Unique selling point!

14. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Haha!

Boxing..? ;)

15. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Bare knuckle boxing, with dags?

16. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

But does it work in the cage?:)

17. rne02

rne02 Valued Member

I tried KFM on a seminar a couple of years ago, it was good but although they wanted to charge more than twice what clubs in the same area charge so the club only lasted about a month.

18. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

I've trained in it a little bit forever ago. Some stuff I liked, some I didn't, but it's that way with just about everything I've trained. One thing I liked is that there was multiple-attacker stuff drilled off the bat. Then they had the sillier things like cheek grabs, although in fairness I see that more from the videos as opposed to what we trained in class.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkzFkN2FO3U"]Keysi Fighting Method- Andy Norman MMA Training Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like someone's trying to make it work, which is the only reason guys are throwing high kicks and spin kicks in MMA. I'm skeptical it'll work as advertised, but who knows? Nobody thought cage-walking could be a thing until Pettis started doing it on the regular.

19. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Win a world title, then get back to me.

20. Hannibal

That excludes a LOT of arts too you know....