Keys to in-fighting?

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by g-bells, Jan 29, 2009.

1. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

What are your keys to infighting?

2. shaolin fighter

shaolin fighter Banned Banned

The key is ruthless agression. Use headbutts, elbow strikes, etc... Win at all costs. Show no mercy, mercy is for the weak. At our dojo we don't train to be merciful. We kill, kill, kill.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  3. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

^^^ I like your answer!!!!

4. shaolin fighter

shaolin fighter Banned Banned

Thank you. :D

When in a fight you have to assume all atackers are out to harm you as much as posible so therefore you must fight back with the same intent.

5. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

i take the same approach!:cool:

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

the key to in-fighting is spreading rumors.

by the way, i hear bruce lee actually wore a rubber muscle suit.

seriously though, anything that can be done with a single explosive motion having as little joints as possible between my core and the striking area. headbutts are an exellent example, as are straight knees to the front of the thigh which can then be followed by a kick, depending on your relative position to your opponent. also, if my hands are down, middle knuckle punches (circular motion from out to in) to the ribs.

also, depending on the severity of the situation, some distraction tactics can be used, such as the highly non-recommendable licking of your opponent, which can almost certainly lead to an immediate recoiling in horror, upon which you can strike at yor leisure.

nut grabs are fun too, especially if followed by a knee and a headbutt (no licking, though).

7. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Sensitivity. I'm a sensitive guy. Also, flowing from one technique into the next in order to incorporate all the stuff previously mentioned. I particularly like damaging the limbs upon entry which is a reflection of my affinity towards the SE Asian arts. The subtle techniques that will pop an elbow, trap a leg, or momentarily interrupt the blood supply with a shot to the neck.

Always liked that range where one can use all the natural weapons.

Cheers!

8. Craig Coleman

Craig Coleman Valued Member

G-bells,

I find not being in front of the opponent and getting the opponent turned is very important - I really don't want to get hit!

Regards,
    Craig..

9. PdubJKD

PdubJKD Valued Member

I was having a crappy day...but you made it all better...:hat:

10. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

glad i could help :)

11. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

i think the key to infighting is 3 things.

1- learn from a skilled in fighter all the required skills

2 - practice it a lot

3 - make sure you have lots of aggression and an imposing will to win/defeat your fellow combatant.

12. Emil

Emil Valued Member

I think you have to look at this from the beginning, so firstly we must see how we enter into the infighting game. Many will go for a straight entering lead or will work off the jab. Both of these are good. I also like to steal steps to gain distance on the inside, and cut off my opponent with footwork.

Next, probaby the most important aspect of infighting which seems to have been overlooked here, is defence. You can come in with all the agression in the world, but if you do that to me and i see an opening im gonna jab you in the eye and return the aggressive favour. Every strike, not matter how aggressive, needs to covered, thus making an aggressive assault a controlled release of aggression.

In the end though, its all about footwork. Once you're in the inside you've got to stay there. The only way to acheive this is through footwork, in corroboration with defence and offence.

Infighting is an art, and there is a lot more to it than people think.

Em

13. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

Well, for me the keys are the same for all ranges, it comes down to combat principles. Principles including, do not get hit, align the body to attack through an opening, stun/unbalance before lock/throw/takedown... etc.

Anyway, nothing new there I hope.

Also, some more, these aren't keys... but more observations:

1. Try to work your way to a shoulder-to-shoulder position and then work from there... might not seem like big deal, but if you train knife, you probably will see what I mean.

2. The whole body is a weapon. Don't just hit, use the knees, shins, and sweeps to buckle their balance, step on their foot, as you rip and elbow (and bite if you are life or death and no other option), etc.

3. Try not to lock up... don't get in a wrestling match. This will give the bigger and stronger person, and the better wrestler, a big advantage as you will lose your mobility.

4. Close in combat is like an accordion. Close the gap, do your damage, then they stagger or move away, close the gap again and do your damage... coming together and separation over and over again until one goes down. The instinct for some is back away themselves... only do this as a last resort, learn to keep constant forward pressure and constant attack, make the other guy move away or turn.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  14. roblen

roblen Valued Member

panantukan has all the answers your looking for but dont forget western boxing too.

15. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

some good answers !!!!!!!!!!

16. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Use the overhooks to control the other persons ability to strike. Try to get off to the side and don't let the other person face their hips toward you. Strike overhands, hooks, uppercuts, knees and elbows. Control the head to keep the person from kneeing you. Snap the head to break balance. I recommend clinching up if it isn't obvious already. The trapping phase can be very short, so once I cover the distance I'm going to grab somebody and try to pass the arms.