Kenpo Karate

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Cooler, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

Is kenpo karate taught in Scotland? and if so where?

Cooler

Last edited: Mar 21, 2002
  2. Thomas Vince

Thomas Vince New Member

Kenpo in Scotland

Cooler,
    I'm gonna see if I can hook you up. I'm going to contact my buddy in Ireland "John Ward" and see if he knows anyone I think it's a good bet. If you want to check it go to Larry Tatums Kenpo Karate Web site and order a video or two it will give the best look at Kenpo on video today, there really cool video's very professionally done and not cheezy at all. Tatum is an awesome example of Kenpo so if your going to look at it go there. And even though I am not as good if you want I will send you a video of myself and a few students who made an "in house video" for my schools. They are good nd a great source. John's e-mail is
    kenpojw@indigo.ie
    Yours in the Spirit of Kenpo
    Thomas

3. Cooler

Thanks for your help Thomas.

What is the address for Larry Tatums Kenpo Karate Web site? I'll pay that a visit. The video of yourself and your students sounds great I would love to have a look at that.

Cooler

4. Thomas Vince

Thomas Vince New Member

Cooler your the COOLEST!
    I have to say that without a doubt this is the best forum I have had the great opportunity to be apart of ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    I need an address to send both the "in house video" and the "breaking video" to. Please advise. Here is Tatums Address man:
    http://www.ltatum.com/
    Live long and prosper
    Yours in the Spirit of Kenpo,
    Thomas Vince

5. Thomas Vince

Thomas Vince New Member

Cooler,
    I also need different towns where you are located nearby,I have some contacts but need regional info, forgive me for my ignorance, I hope to visit Scotland in the near future.
    Thank you, Vince

6. Cooler

:)
    Firstly thank you for your kind words Thomas they are appreciated.

Secondly the address is

Martial Arts Inyourcity.com
    248 Bath Street
    Glasgow
    Scotland
    G2 4JW

And lastly Glasgow is in the central belt on the west coast of Scotland. About 45 mins away by train from Edinburgh.

Hope this helps (not very good at geography) :(

Cooler

7. Thomas Vince

Thomas Vince New Member

Still a cool DUDE!
    The boys from Jersey say hi!
    Looking at the map hope I can help good will and God bless,
    Tom Vince

8. Thomas Vince

Thomas Vince New Member

Cooler,
    try this address his name is Roy MacDonald and he is originally from Scotland. He lives in the British Isle's right now. I am sure he can help. Mention Doreen Cogliandro and that I am her student.
    jsykenpo@jerseymail.co.uk

9. Cooler

Just thought I would update you Thomas on my search for Kenpo in Scotland. I e-mailed Roy MacDonald but unfortunatly there is no Kenpo in Scotland. :(

Cooler

10. Thomas Vince

Thomas Vince New Member

Looks like I'm gonna half to come to Scotland- Can't live there though, I don't want to be in the snow!
    Also, forgive my ignorance but will a standard VHS video tape due for now?
    Thomas

11. Cooler

Standard VHS is fine and I look forward to your visit LOL. Thanks for all the help much appreciated.

Cooler

12. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Kempo any good?

Not my field, and I suspect that Kempo, and Kenpo are different, but....................

I found a Kempo Club if anyone is interested!

http://www.kempo.co.uk/

13. Thomas Vince

Thomas Vince New Member

KOSHO?KEMPO?KENPO?

Actually there all came from the same origins. They will also be very similar in nature. Ed Parker Kenpo is quite different though and I was so interested in these relationships that I had to seek out and study each of them. Anyone interested in Kenpo/Kempo should check it out? I could'nt use the link that you set up it was a dead end. I'll try a search on it and give my opinion.

14. Cooler

:)Thanks Andy and Thomas for your help in this matter, I visited the website and I will contact them to find out about classes in my area.

Cooler