Kenpo Flow Drill on BOB

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Z-Rex, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Z-Rex

Z-Rex Valued Member

For those interested, check out the Kenpo flow drill on the Century BOB product.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXqqwGtp-C4"]YouTube - Kenpo Flow Drill on BOB[/ame]

2. Batmanb

Batmanb Valued Member

3. Toddymo

Toddymo New Member

Very nice.

4. joe schmoe

joe schmoe New Member

Good Drill!! Now to just buy a BOB

5. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Cool, but what if Bob had arms?

6. Z-Rex

Z-Rex Valued Member

Since he still has no legs, you can run away.

7. Kemposhot

Kemposhot Valued Member

Nice, I have always thought about investing in one of those Bob's. Seems like every Martial Art school I've ever been too has had one, but still like to get one for home practice.

8. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Never liked those. Between 3 people I knew who had them all eventually had to duct tape the face because it got crushed.

9. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

What is the purpose of the drill?

Mitch

10. Z-Rex

Z-Rex Valued Member

What I said on the video, to work speed and power together. The BOB also allows you to work accuracy. Something a regular bag does not address.

11. monk64

monk64 Valued Member

The first time I watched it, I was distracted and thought it was just some slapping of the dummy. My reaction was "speed, but not power".

Then I listened to the rest and watched the initial demonstration again and saw I hadn't been watching closely. I see you're putting good torque into the strikes with the torso turns. Good video and great speed at that level of power.

12. Haakon

Haakon Valued Member

I like it, looks like a fun drill. Good demo and explanation of the drill too.

13. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

Great vid thanks for sharing. I'm gonna start doing that with Bob:hat:i

14. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Thanks for the post Z-Rex. Good video, takes me back a few years. White Tiger Kempo was the first style I studied. Started the same week I turned 18, parents wouldn't sign a consent form so had to wait till legal age. Those workouts really helped get me in shape for boot camp.