Keiko sensei???

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by gapjumper, Nov 13, 2012.

1. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

2. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Just looking at the site and I really hope that people who make it to 10th dan in 5 years or 7th dan in 6 years don't let it go to their heads....

3. garth

garth Valued Member

He hasn't changed his name as far as I can see, he is just using his name that Hatsumi has given him which others even on here have done.

As for people making it to 10th dan in 5 years, or 7th dan in 6 years what can I say except it reminds me of a certain organisation.

Although why it should take 5 years to reach 10th dan yet 6 years to make 7th dan is beyond me unless one is working backwards.

4. gapjumper

I thought soke gave out "dragon" name, not "tiger". Maybe he ran out? I just wasn't aware of the change.

Pretty much every reference to Carbonaro has been replaced by keiko sensei (in brackets). I didn't mean legally by deed poll.

As for experience Dunc: don't look at the other instructor profiles!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  5. garth

garth Valued Member

What worries me more is this...

Yep we are all living in the matrix

Only two years training and he's going for 5th dan:jawdrop:

Even forgetting the kyu grades thats one dan for every 5 months training.

Even more :jawdrop:

So a 28 year old 10th dan with 5 years training in the Bujinkan knows the mysteries of life :hail:

6. gapjumper

I can only assume that keikonaro accelerated his promotion and somebody may have claimed he had more years of training.

Ive seen others do it.

Do these "cliques" see some benefit or prestige in having a dojo full of megadans?

Maybe soke was actually telling him to practice more rather than giving him a name?

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Hahahaha. That happened to me one time. Couldn't sit down for a week.

8. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

how is this guy doing anything different than the thousands of other martial arts instructors in various styles all over this and other countries? i mean come on, grade inflation is part of the business, no? and does it mean that he doesn't know his stuff? and i'm not talking about actually being able to fight. i'm just talking about performing the skills necessary to warrant the grade.

9. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

:whistle:

10. EWBell

EWBell Valued Member

10th Dan in 5 years...seems pretty ridiculous to me.

11. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

You can search on MAP about him.

And this IMO is ridiculous:

"Blewett Sensei has been training in the Bujinkan since 2006 and has made two trips to Japan to train with the Grandmaster Masaaki Hatsumi. Blewett Sensei currently holds the rank of 7th dan."

12. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

at this point in my life, any rank seems pretty ridiculous to me. but that's just me.

there was a point that it mattered, as i got a black belt in hapkido. but nowdays, meh.

also, masahiko kimura was promoted to fourth dan after 6 years of judo. because he kicks butt!

13. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

What do the grades mean in ninjutsu? Like, what are they a measure of?

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Does anyone know if Hatsumi minds that grades in his martial art are basically seen as a joke by most people outside of the art (and quite a few in it IIRC)?
    I mean...it's not something I'd like people to think when looking at members of an art/organisation I'd created.

15. garth

garth Valued Member

Gapjumper posted

You assume, or you hope?

16. garth

garth Valued Member

Moosey posted

Apparantly they are not a measure of ones skill or for that matter knowledge even though time and time again they are used to suggest that someone is very skilled.

In other words they state "Grade is not a mesure of skill"

whilst at the same time advertising

"Join Joe Bloggs (15th dan) mega Ninjutsu Academy today"

17. gapjumper

Is the problem really the grades though, or people abusing the system to promote friends regardless of ability? Some people somewhat misrepresent themselves (or their students) to obtain grades.

Some people sucking does not make other people less able. 1 crap godan does not make another godan less able. The "grade" itself is fine.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  18. garth

garth Valued Member

But why does this happen?

it doesnt happen in the Genbukan or AFAIK the Jinenkan?

19. gapjumper

Allie Alberigo?

Oliver Fischer?

20. garth

garth Valued Member

Really so he achieved renshi approximately 5th dan after...

17 trips to Japan and 13 years training is a little bit more than two years training, and I guess that Mr Tanemura knew this person personally.

sorry no comparison.