Keeping myself honest

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by philosoraptor, Jan 27, 2018.

1. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

After a couple years break from BJJ, I finally got myself back into the gym. It wasn't easy. I had all manner of excuses to work through, but I went in, and things came back to me pretty quickly. I had two rounds, one with another white belt, one with a brown belt, and I managed to do OK in each of them. Not, y'know, kickin patootie and taking names, but OK. It's strange how things came back to me, like half remembered instructions through a fog. I tried to remind myself to relax and breathe, but I still gassed out really quickly. My plan is to attend beginner's classes for a week or two, three times a week, then switch to doing the beginner's and advanced classes with my coaches permission. Very excited to get back into it. OSS.

Current feeling: [​IMG]

Nachi, Simon, axelb and 7 others like this.
  2. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Well done!

Always a fantastic feeling to get back on the mat after a lay off.

Enjoy!

philosoraptor likes this.
  3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

After a month it will be routine man. Stick in!

4. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Let the fun come back to you!

5. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Excellent to hear! I remember getting back in the mat after 6 years off from judo. It comes back pretty quick, then you'll be near where you left off in no time.

6. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Actually that's been a major challenge for me. I get frustrated with how sloppy I've become or out of shape I am, so I think you're right, I need to relax and just remember why grappling is great!

axelb likes this.
  7. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I can relate to that a bit.
    I'm frustrated with some things and don't get them clear for me (I just don't know enough people and social life lol).

So I decided to visit another club. I'm friends with the teachers there and asked if I could come and visit them once.
    I was made very welcome, got to teach their kids for forty minutes and was just having FUN!

That alone made me feel better for a while/ a few hours.

Hope, you'll get there soon too :)