Keeping it interesting.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Kframe, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Well during the sprints my meter says I averaged between 18-20mph. (im riding on a stationary recumbent)

How do I feel, like I got more of a strength work out then cardio. I think I went to easy. Sure my legs are sore, so I think the work was more anaerobic then aerobic. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being hard as heck, id say this was more of a 3.5.

I found a few other interval videos on youtube. One is 38mins long and features the same interval I described above, but done over 30+ minutes. The other is 45 minutes long. It uses 2 minute sections. Each section is 10 seconds sprint/45seconds rest. This is done for 2 minutes then a 2 minute rest. This is repeated a bunch till the warm down.

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Damn...I'd kill for a whole 2 hours a day.
    Hell 2 hours a week would be nice.
    I do 2 weights sessions a week (about 45-50 minutes each), one steady cross country run a week (about an hour all in with warm up etc) and then try (but usually fail) to fit in a sprint session too.
    I'm thinking about getting a bike to do quick 20 minute HIIT sessions when I get a spare half an hour.
    Martial arts is on the back burner because I don't have time.

That's probably not the best use of my time for weight loss but it suits me and what I have available.

3. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Ok. I was going through the old Dvd I used to ride to. RealRIdes race day. That dvd was basically a big interval work out. It was filmed during a actual race he competed in.

What I found was that it was very hard to keep up with changing my resistance levels, when he was sprinting. I found my self leaving my resistance setting at 5(of 10) and just sprinting and resting as he did on screen.

Any ideas on how to better sync changing my resistance with his gear changing and sprinting. (there is a on screen visual telling you what he is doing, power level, exertion level 1-10 and wattage and what not)

4. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Ok on the advice of people here, I have been looking for some interval dvd's. I found one that I like and I have ordered it. http://www.spinervals.com/products/item39.cfm

Ill let you guys know how it goes.

I think this should make my mornings a bit more interesting?