Keeping it in the family

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by prowla, Jul 14, 2008.

1. prowla

prowla Valued Member

My youngest son has just passed his 1st kyu, my other two are already shodan (along with me).
    So a couple of years and we should be four black belts.
    Any other families of MA-ists?

(My sensei beats me hands down, as he and his wife are yondan, one son is sandan, and one is nidan; basically added up they're into double figures!)

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

One here, although I'm no longer training due to ill heath but I'm getting bullied into starting again:cool:

I was into judo when I was much younger and got into kickboxing later on. My wife trained in muay thai for many years but has been unable to train recently due to a back injury gained in training so she's been out for the past year:cry:

My two daughters both trained in muay thai although they have both left the sport, hopefully not forever, but they have their own lives:)

My son has trained in a few martial arts and still trains in muay thai and judo having left the others for a varity of reasons.

A night out together for us is a good muay thai or kickboxing show and we're never short of a padholder. The neighbours get a bit worried when there's sparring going on in the back garden but I think they're too scared to say anything:rolleyes:

3. estranged13

estranged13 ex video game freak

my father was a 3rd dan, i'm a 2nd and my little bro is a 1st dan

I've been in and out of various arts, for various reasons for longer then i'd like to admit (my 1st dobok was a size 00, my newest dobok is a size 8 due to height, not weight)