Karate's most hardcore style?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by shotokanwarrior, Nov 25, 2003.

1. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Haha, tell 'em Yoda.

2. Blue Bloater

Blue Bloater New Member

my vote is kyokushin (sp?). I have seen some of there full contact tourneys and it looks pretty bad ass. I have also had freinds doing this style and from the things they have said it sounds like much harder training than I have done.

I study Shotokan now. I have studied Wado, ****o, uechi in the past.

3. Blue Bloater

Blue Bloater New Member

Why can't I say ****o? It is one of the most common styles of karate out there.

4. Blue Bloater

Blue Bloater New Member

These filters here are lame!

5. Cain

Cain New Member

Sorry, your not allowed to say **** :D

|Cain|

6. Lloyd

Lloyd New Member

I vote Kyokushin after just watching the Welsh open knockdown.

7. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

i don't mean suicidal as in taking my own life, i mean suicidal as in adrenaline-loving.

8. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Strange usage.

9. shotokanwarrior

Yeh i know.

10. goatnipples2002

goatnipples2002 someone tryin 2 learn

Would you guys please give me some detailed conditioning exercises. I don't have a school....I practice "INTERNET kung fu" as my friends call it. I train mostly by myself. I have alot of fighting experience from the joint, but no formal MA classes to learn from. I don't practice any kara-te techniques except the ippon-ken. I love the way they condition though. I like pain (kinda). I mean when you pass the threshold you had the previous time you conditioned it makes me have more confidence in my self defence. I also live in Nebraska, there's no REAL arts here everybody wants $$$$$ or it's all flowerery. I can't use that **** in the streets.

NEways what do you guys do for Pain Resistance exercises?

11. domsinferno

domsinferno New Member

i think okanowian karate is all about conditioning thats about all itsa about btw i kno i spelled that wrong

12. shotokanwarrior

Oooooh, now that sounds like fun.

13. kerling

kerling Hidden haito style

Yeah Higaonna sensei does serius conditioning. I was practicing with him and we did self conditioning and with an apponend and darn my hands hurt like hell aftervards.

Just by looking at his hands you can see the condidtioning and to what extreeme he does them.

If you read Best Karate you can find the same number of repeats as Higaonna 300 of each punch to the magiwara. Sam goes for legs toes and fingers. So this is a common practice by high grade japanese instructors. Well at least they talk that way ;)

http://www.xodus.net/karate/files/images/DSC_2221.jpg

look at his knockles in this picture .. he has done some serius conditioning.

Wich reminds me to put my magivara on my wall.

Regards Kerling

14. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Dang, after seeing that my knuckles look puney!

Now I feel like conditioning :D

15. stump

stump Supersub

Shidokan….definitely the best form of karate competition

"Shidokan Karate was created by Yoshiji Soeno. It is sometimes described as the triathlon of Martial Arts as it's tournaments involve knockdown (otherwise known as bare knuckle), Thai kick-boxing and grappling. (Tournaments are normally held in a boxing ring)."

That's a form of karate I'd like to train in

16. shotokanwarrior

17. littlebird

littlebird New Member

Well check out the dumog training if you want to be really tough. Pananjakman particularly toughens the legs against kicks.

A nice angle board will allow someone to play havoc on your solar plexus for boxing preparation.

Training should enable you to function under adverse conditions. The adverse conditions can become a show in themselves to astonish and awe the innocent. We should avoid that, except prehaps where we are advertising our local MA school.

If you really want to prepare to fight. Run wind sprints, jump rope, climb rope, run in mud and water. Run up hills. Pound bags.
    Usually the most important thing you can condition is your LUNGs. They should be like great bellows ripping and rending the air.

How many fighters start the day strong and fast as as a horse, but after a few matches, you need to get a wagon to carry them in?

littlebird

18. shotokanwarrior

K-girl - i just wanted to know what the other styles were like as my sensei says we don't do any tameshiwari in Shotokan.

19. JurassicWarrior

JurassicWarrior New Member

I'm going to have to say that Uechi ryu is big on conditioning. We do rugged workouts where I go. The belief is we should train hard w/out malice. Meaning, we get a good workout but we don't go home all black and blue. The only other arts I can think of that condition are boxing, Muay thai, and to a degree, wrestling.

20. MatsuRyu

MatsuRyu New Member

I agree that it depends much more and school and on instructor than it does on style. But matsubayashi-ryu generally runs a little heavier than average on conditioning, it is kind of an obscure style though (descendent of shorin-ryu). My sensei studies under the grand master of the style in okinawa during vietnam, and he trained pretty hard there so sometimes i think he wants to give us the same thing :eek: