Karategi for a short wide chap?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Karatebadger, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Karatebadger

Karatebadger Valued Member

Hi folks

I'm looking for a couple of new gis, not too expensive (£30-£40 each) so that I can start back in the dojo in style. My previous gis were Decathlon ones and they fit perfectly but no longer seem to be available, unfortunately one is now a delicate shade of pink (guess what happened!) and the other has moth/wear holes in unfortunate places. I have tried the local MA shop and while the jackets are snug but OK the trousers are made for pipe-cleaner legs rather than my ex-rugby playing telegraph poles. To get the right sized trousers I need a 6'6" suit which makes the jacket a bit too long on my 5'6" frame.

So, does anyone know of a more generously sized suit readily available in the UK while I am in the process of de-blubberization.

Cheers!

KB

2. hext

hext Valued Member

Just a thought but could you not buy the Jacket and trousers separately?

3. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

I find Blitz gis quite roomy, and they're not too pricey

4. Karatebadger

I did ask but he said he would not be able to sell the remaining jacket and trousers so I would have to buy two suits to get one that fits.

Cheers Llamageddon, I have never tried a Blitz suit, I only have an old pair of Blitz hakama and there is plenty of room in them ;)

5. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i have a gi that's one or two sizes too big. just trim the sleeves, the fit is epic :D

6. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Disclaimer - I'm fairly skinny as they go (although I'm no stick anymore), but I also have quite big thighs. There is plenty of room (and length) in a size 5 suit (177cm I believe) for me - I still have to turn the sleeves up!

7. Karatebadger

Well I have ordered a Blitz suit one size up from normal so I'll see how it goes. If the jacket doesn't fit, I'll dye it brown and give it to my Jedi-obsessed cousin... :)