karatebyjesse's latest video?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Fish Of Doom, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

this is cool and bizarre and i have no idea what it's about :p

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_uov6VY-Qc"]KARATE ON FIRE! - YouTube[/ame] (also embedding from mobile is a pain :( )

dat narration though.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
  2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I actually quite liked it!

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Wow - he found a way to make kata look cool on youtube without using small children.

4. VoidKarateka

VoidKarateka Valued Member

The video is impressive. I'm actually looking forward to meeting him in October at a seminar. :)

5. Fish Of Doom

he's a pretty cool guy actually :D

6. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

See, to me, that sounds like you've seen kata videos of karate-ka going round punching & kicking small children as part of their performance. :p

===========

Got to admit, that is possibly one of the coolest kata videos I've seen in a long time.

7. armanox

armanox Kick this Ginger...

I think that was an ad...I think that's one of the (if not the) coolest ad I've ever seen.

8. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

It's a Seishin Gi advert. :)

9. armanox

Clearly. I am simply saying that's got to be the best ad I've seen in a long time (also makes me want to go practice some kata).

10. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

Very cool video.

Has anyone here used the Seishin Gi?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  11. John Titchen

I've got one and I think Fish has one too.

12. armanox

Well, since you don't have a self interest in advertising the gi (like Jesse does), what is your opinion of it?

13. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

If that was on 'Tube people would be talking about the esoteric ch'i/ki power he demonstrated !

14. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

And in the next 30 minutes three new members will post on MAP asking how they can become invincible warriors, shaolin monks or spiritually enlightened and you'll all shout at them a bit and wonder why martial arts attracts such stupidity.

:)

15. GaryWado

GaryWado Tired

The guy is starting to get on my wick!

And, as an Englishman - that's one up from mildly irritating.

So quite bad really!

16. John Titchen

I'm friends with Jesse so I don't think I can give an unbiased opinion. It's also very subjective, what I like in a Gi isn't necessarily what other people like, and any judgement I make will be comparing it against my made to measure Gi.

17. VoidKarateka

VoidKarateka Valued Member

If I had a couple hundred quid to splash on a gi I'd love to try a Seishin for nothing else other than to have the breeze holes around my crotch. But it does look like a seriously good fit. I have trouble getting a decent 14oz that I can comfortably drop into kiba dachi in.

18. Fish Of Doom

i'm in the same boat as jwt but i have to say the seishin gi is honestly the most comfortable one i've had so far. also the only one i haven't had to shorten :p

19. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

I find that most gi's I've tried so far bind my legs. As I understand it, the Seishin actually addresses that problem.

However, it's not available in stores where I live. It seems like quite a bit of money to drop, in blind faith, for a gi that I have not had the oppurtunity to try on and personally inspect.

20. John Titchen

Personally the Gi was too wide in the jacket for my taste as if designed for someone with a waist 20cm bigger than my own. I feel swamped and restricted by all the material I'm having to tuck and bunch. My waist is currently 30 inches.

At the moment it is my reserve Gi when my two Hirota Gi aren't ready to wear.