Karate vs Judo

Discussion in 'Karate' started by JHughes, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

On that note - KarateBizz, please start using all of the posting space, rather than the first half of it.

2. KarateBizz

KarateBizz New Member

heard that one already

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I know you have - it was me that told you last time. I suggest you start taking notice of what Moderators say, and start doing what they ask ;)

4. KarateBizz

KarateBizz New Member

so your taking away people's privileges to voice their
    opinion then?? kind of goes against what a message
    board stands for don't you think

deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2005
  5. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Just before you get into whatever trouble your gonna get into for swear4ing at a mod I have to ask, how does it take away your ability to express yourself if you have to write in the full space? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2005
  6. KarateBizz

KarateBizz New Member

well as you'll notice if you read the entire thread,
    i was simply expressing my opinion on the title...
    karate vs. judo...which wasn't started by me.
    Although for some reason i get called out for
    not using the entire thread...makes little sense
    to me. I don't know about you, but i like being
    able to say what i feel, without having someone
    "trying" to breathe down my neck.

have a good holiday

7. KarateBizz

KarateBizz New Member

oh i see what your getting at now...you don't
    like how i press enter all the time. I thought you were referring
    to not using all of the topics in the karate
    form. that's what it sounded like to me. I still don't
    understand why, that's just how i type. oh well

8. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

I don't think it matters much, I cant see you being around much longer :)

9. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I
    think
    the
    point
    is
    it
    just
    makes
    it
    very
    hard
    to
    read.
    If
    you
    take
    it
    one
    step
    further,
    this,
    you'll
    see
    what
    I
    mean.

There's z no z z need z z to z keep z pressing z z z the z return z z key z z all z the z z time z as z z z the z z computer z does z it z for z z you z when z z you z z reach z z the z end z of z z the z line. It z would z z be z a z z bit z like z z z me z pressing z the "z" key z all z z the z time z for z z no z reason.

See what I mean? Needless and hard to read. It's just courtesy to write your posts in a way that don't cause your readers to have to strain to interpret them.

10. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

11. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

i think that if the karate guy/girl acted quickley then they would win, but if the judo person got them on the floor then they'd be stuffed therefore the judo person would win. such a difficult question, it just goes round in circles...

12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ah, I thought of three answers!

(1) Neither. You wrongly assumed they would fight each other.

(2) Same answer to this question:
    If two masters of chess play each other, who will win: the person who plays the white pieces or the person who plays the black pieces? :eek:

(3) The giant squid will win. Long live the squid! :D

13. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

Dunno if this is too late to mention but.....

Many of the first karate fighters(of various styles) already had backgrounds in grappling, hence the founders of various systems did not include grappling because many of thier top students already knew grappling. I noticed that in Uechi-ryu, when clinching and stand up grappling there are ideal situations for a take down, but since most Uechi-ryu schools dont have any ground grappling or control, often it goes to waste.

Instead of making grappling styles at odds, i think they complement each other nicely, bjj goes great with Uechi.

14. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

A versus thread! Cool :rolleyes:

Of course the Karate Master will win, because this was posted in the Karate forum :rolleyes:

15. Faminedynasty

Faminedynasty Valued Member

The karate master would destroy the Judo master with his superior striking, but, just before he was completely destroyed, the Judo master would destroy the karate master with a relentless barrage of grappling and throws, and then, as the masters lay dying, completely destroyed, they would proclaim simultaneously "Alas! We are destroyed!" and "Why?!"
    The end

16. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

DAMMIT>>>>WHY ARE WE ON THIS STYLE VS STYLE CRAP!?!?! :bang:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  17. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

If this question was sparked by whether or not you want to practice either judo or karate . . . or the more effective one, then your best bet is to do both. Both have their usefullness, both focus on different things, and both focuses are equally as important. But the first guy to hit the other guy in the gonads will probably win :D .

18. shaolin_hendrix

shaolin_hendrix Hooray for Zoidberg!

I'd guess that Judo would have the grappling vs striking advantage over Karate. On the other hand, Mas Oyama said that Karate was better than Judo, and Goju ryu and Kyokushin both have grappling. However, the fight would really depend on who the fighters were. If Kimura and Oyama fought, I have no idea who'd win.

19. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

We have a winner! Do both!

20. JHughes

JHughes New Member

Thanks

Thanks for all your opinions but I think personally Karate will win because there a better all rounder martial art....... :D :bang: :woo: :cool: