Karate Uniforms for CHICKS

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Tika, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Tika

Tika New Member

What do we need to do? Kidnap a seamstress , give her a nice mans gi, and get her to alter it to a womens specifications????

Maybe we should put our brains together and start a company that makes womens martial arts gear. Because Im SICK of not being able to find a gi that fits right.

2. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

With you on this one. Kung fu no better. First grading I ever did, I figured, it wont matter if I forget everything, the only thing anyone will be able to look at anyway is my cleavage! And NOT attractive with a sports bra, I can tell you..... :p

3. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

AMEN SISTER! I'm with you! Just don't suggest new products to my staff - they always want a change and they just might take you up on it!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2004
  4. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Oh, how I hear you, sister! You wouldn't believe the gi size I need to get around my ahem*cough "curves", and then the shoulders are humongous, and the sleeves are about half a foot too long. And the jacket ties are about eight inches too low. Gis are meant for people who are absolutely straight up and down, like men! I understand there is a special woman's gi made, but it's expensive.

I suppose I could have my gi tailored, but considering it's price, it probably wouldn't be worth it.

5. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

I agree, all women in martial arts should wear these:

*edited... sorry this image is not appropriate

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2004
  6. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Who let that male into this thread? :D

Seriously, I would not want to be wearing that when practicing defenses against a grab!

I suppose I should mention that even though I study Ninjutsu, we wear Karate gis in class.

7. qbushido

qbushido Subaru whore/NYC kid

Some of us larger men have problems too. Ideally I order a XXL top and a XL bottom, but most places wont let you get away with that

8. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

God I hate uniforms.

9. Tika

Tika New Member

I think Im gonna get my gi tailored... its probably gonna cost me more than the gi itself.... but I just need to be comfortable in it. I have enough self consciousness issues as it is in a room full of friggin mirrors, dont really want to add to them with a horrible looking and uncomfortable gi.

Mrs Owt: What products do you guys make?

10. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

AWWWW man who edited out my image, musta been female cos any male wouldnt have had the heart to do it ;)

11. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

I'm 6'3'' and weight 140. The gi I have is meant for someone this tall with about 100 extra pounds. My pants are baggier than a hiphopper and the white belt that came with it used to be down to my knees. :eek:

12. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

there are women's gis availble. I don't know the make but a girl in my class has a specificly low cut, differently shaped female gi.

13. Tika

Tika New Member

low cut? how do you mean??

14. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

the lappels form a deeper V

15. qbushido

qbushido Subaru whore/NYC kid

isnt that what you DONT want?

16. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

She has very much the sort of mentality that you think might go with a specially low cut gi.

17. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Yikes, I would not want a low-cut top! One good thing about my gi shoulders being too big is that I can close the top up more (I have a school t-shirt on underneath, anyway). Why would anyone want it more open?

18. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

you'd know why if you'd met her.

19. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

[​IMG]

Just ignore me, I'm just wandering through looking for any stray photos that might be about.

But Mrs. Owt, think of the business you could get....moooo

20. La Mancha

La Mancha Valued Member

There doesnt seem to be a lot designed for the girls. Here in the UK Paragon seems to have a small amount of girls uniforms and others.

http://www.paragonmartialarts.co.uk/

The only other thing is for some of you ladies to design and make/get made uniforms and sell them to female MAers.

David