karate to rescue

Discussion in 'Karate' started by TkdWarrior, Nov 27, 2002.

1. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

Karate to girl’s rescueKarate to girl’s rescue

Self-defence came to the rescue of an 18-year-old girl who was kidnapped from her school by three persons and taken to Delhi ridge on Tuesday. Jincey K Saji, who holds a green belt in Karate, fought her way out from the abductors’ clutches.
    more news at :

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/html/comp/articleshow?artid=29497917
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My comment:
    as far as New delhi is concerned it's becoming nightmare for females...one too many incidents...this story at least gives a breather... sigh of relief....
    kudos.... :D
    -TkdWarrior-

2. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

Nice to know she knew how to call upon her skills when she needed them.

3. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Yes it is nice to know. What would be even nicer is if we didn't have things like that to worry about. That is why I encourage all of my female friends to study some form of self-defense, and then pray that they never have the need to use it.
    This incident also brings to mind the question, should one always fight back? Or is it more likely to enrage your attacker? I know what I would do, I have enough faith and confidence in my skills. But, would I reccomend the same thing to my wife, who has never studied a martial art? Anyone else have an opinion, I would really be interested in learning what others feel.

4. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

By the way, TKDWarrior, where in India are you?

5. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

hello kurohana, welcome to the Martial arts planet...
    i live in New Delhi Itself...
    i m one of those who always put effort to tell ppl that self defense is necessary, it's better if u r in situation n know how to defend rather than having in situation n not knowing it...
    well this news is quite an important one for New Delhties cuz of the incidents happening...so much molestation, teasing, rapes(this year this city hav counted MAX in asia, and indeed this is very very sad situation) just couple of years ago this city was one of the safest place to live...i still remember when i hav seen girls going out bythemselves without having to worry at all... but now they r not safe even in broad daylight...
    anyways... kurohana i think u should check out www.nononsenseselfdefense.com u'll get most of ur question answered... Marc "Animal" MacYoung is the best about Self Defense business..
    -TkdWarrior-

6. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

I am agreement with you there. I am always telling people that self defense training is a good and positive thing. And always encouraging people to find an art that suits them. The police cannot always be there to save you. And the sad truth is, in some areas, if you are the wrong color, religion, sex, caste, whatever... they won't help you. Kudos to the young girl who saved herself.. but did you notice that the 3 boys couldn't be identified? The article didn't go any further, but did caste or family money have anything to do with that?
    My wife is from Mumbai, and we spent a few weeks in New Delhi there about 2 years ago.

7. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

Hello Kuro,
    well it's truth...that those boys couldn't get noticed no further info's on paper...may be family money n reputation has to do with it ...who knows
    even y'day 1 attemp rape was in paper some teasing from quite grown n educated ppll....this sure is bad situation...
    well kuro 2 yrs back delhi was safe n then very polluted...now it's less pollution n unsafe doh...
    -TkdWarrior-