Karate or Ninjutsu

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by shitokai, Mar 14, 2004.

1. shitokai

shitokai New Member

Iam not into the "which style is better" thing, but l would like to know the differences / similarities between Karate and Ninjutsu?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Seeing as you are already a Karateka - maybe this would be better asked in the Ninjutsu forum?

3. natxanadu

natxanadu Banned Banned

i'd say that that there are very few similarities between the 2 styles, they are very different in my experience

4. Cain

Cain New Member

Yup, your bound to hear better responses in the Ninjutsu forum ****okai since you already do karate, I shall move it if you wish so.

|Cain|

5. shitokai

shitokai New Member

please do, thanks.

6. Moriki

Moriki New Member

karate & ninpo

Hi,
    In the Genbukan System we have Ninpo & Koryu Karate. The Koryu Karate is made up of Shinto Tenshin Ryu Kenpo & Kijin Chosui Ryu Dakentaijutsu. The Ninpo and Karate are quite different although the Dakentaijutsu can be be found in both systems and are very simular.

yours

7. Cain

Cain New Member

Done ;)

|Cain|

8. Togakure

Togakure New Member

Try them both and decide which is more fitting for yourself.

9. Kalifallen

Kalifallen looking for partner

Karate and Ninjutsu

Karate in mostly a defensive solid art. You use a lot of power and not much in mobility but then again, I think it depends on which style of Karate you are taking. Since there are a lot of styles.
    Anyway, in ninjutsu Karate is like the Earth element. You are solid like a rock and only move up and down. Ninjutsu takes a four element apporch. Earth, water (defense, moving right to left), fire (offensive, moving front to back) and wind (reflective, moving around your opponent). Then there is void which is all four elements put together as one element. That is the main difference in the art. Plus, Karate is taught for competing. Ninjutsu is taught for survival. Anything goes type of fighting.
    Plus, in ninjutsu you learn nerve points and grappling, if you are lucky you can learn stealth, climbing, silent movement, etc.
    Similarities I think are, breaking techniques, kiai, some of the weapons like the sword and kama, um, probably some other stuff too.
    I'd say Ninjutsu is more like Ju Jitsu than Karate.

10. TheUnnecessaryEvil

TheUnnecessaryEvil Banned Banned

Karate is a martial art.

Ninjutsu is the art of espionage, counter-intelligence and survival behind enemy lines.

They're not even close to the same thing.

11. Tommywilley84

Tommywilley84 New Member

Do you mean Karate and Taijutsu? From my experience the way you move your body is completely different from one another. Honestly getting used to the way you move in Taijutsu is much more difficult (or so it is in my experience)