Karate england

Discussion in 'Karate' started by bassai, Jul 2, 2006.

1. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

We have all our karate 'experts' employed within the 4 year plan and any others can be used on an 'ad hoc' basis, I'd like the plan overseen by a lawyer, an accountant and an independent businessman as the Management Board.

2. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

I'm off for a week on our Czech Summer Course now I'm r-e-a-l-l-y sorry I'll miss all the fun! :D

3. alanplatt

alanplatt Valued Member

As I think the KE in house problems appear to be mainly interest conflicts, the consideration of a public overseer management board sounds like a very good idea.

4. Jaae

Jaae Valued Member

Typical, the Master - debater - instigator - has vacated - and temporarily migrated - In all seriousness, without Steve Rowes input, we'd be clueless !?

Any other opinions or comments or points of view would be welcome.

J.

5. Haxx

Haxx New Member

Today we received a copy of this e-mail from former Vice Presdient Of KE, Peter Allen.

Sent: 18 July 2006 13:34
    To: [Removed]
    Cc: admin@karateengland.org.uk
    Subject: CEO issues

Dear All

I've asked the Karate England board questions relating to the CEO. I asked a question of the board if it was true that Nick Halafihi was planning to leave on the 1st August and if a package was being given to him by the KE board. Nick at the moment is on compassionate leave, I ask who is acting as CEO at the moment? who is dealing with the development side of the 4 year plan since the resignation of Phillip Don? and who is looking after the Child Protection issues since the resignation of Les Cutting?. Also if true about Nick leaving will his position be advertised along with the other positions?.

We have a web site that doesn't seem to be used for what it was intended, which is to give the members information.

To date I have had no reply back from Karate England Board on any of these issues.

Regards

Peter Allen
    AMA

We will be trying to keep as many people as possible updated about Karate England through our website at www.btka.org.uk as news breaks. We will also try and keep the forums updated as well.

At the moment we can also say with confidence that Sport England are not oblivious of what is happening and that they are very concerned with what is happening within the governing body.

Obviously, if the facts are accurate, KE will be without a CEO in 12 days.

Our website is also carrying a list of agenda items that have been submitted to Karate England by John Gilliland for inclusion in the proposed EGM, I wont waste space and post them all here.

Best wishes

Paul Hacker
    British Traditional Karate Association
    www.btka.org.uk

6. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Thanks for this, the sooner we know the facts and can get it sorted the better.

Especially for those clubs and associations under KE!

7. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

I'm back from Czech and the political tumbleweed is blowing by!

John Gillilands letter puts the points in question quite succinctly:

8. alanplatt

alanplatt Valued Member

I was at The National Sports Centre Bisham last week around 7.30 pm. By chance, looking around the facilities I walked into the Karate England Ltd offices, I walked around. It was deserted, void of life. Doors open, computers, desks, filing cabinets, all unattended, it was weird. Nothing was happening……..nothing new??

9. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

That must break about every governing body confidentiality rule in the book!

10. alanplatt

alanplatt Valued Member

Probably?

Curiosity could have killed the cat, but when in Rome…………..

11. Jaae

Jaae Valued Member

Ermmmmmm..............do as the Italian cats do......... ???

Jaae

Dem Karate England politicians are kooky cats...........................man.

12. alanplatt

alanplatt Valued Member

The more gossip I hear, the more KE related letters I read, suggests to me that the funding authorities have taken no account of the situation. I think heads will role because the vast numbers of karate students being hoodwinked by KE internal politics are becoming more aware of the situation via forums like this one.

13. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

I think you're right Alan, I've phoned the President (what ever happened to 'Chairman') and am awaiting a return call to find out what's happening. The CEO is away on leave at the moment. The only people that are going to win out of all this is the lawyers.

14. alanplatt

alanplatt Valued Member

Lawyers and minions win (no disrespect intended to minoins)

I’m glad we got somebody who’s doing something positive regarding the negative ness of the KE’s absent realization of the situation. I may be a minion but I’m buggered if I like being governed by a group minor who can’t listen or appreciate the need and requirements of group major. Well done so far.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  15. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

Just had a telephone conversation with the Karate England Chair erm... President Joe Ellis and he tells me that the EGM is likely to be on the 9th September (I'm in Denmark teaching then) he tells me that the date still has to be confirmed because of holidays etc.. and that information packs will be going out to the associations next week.

16. alanplatt

alanplatt Valued Member

Likley? Still to be confirmed? 9th September EGM?

Perhaps I’m out of order? but the letters and questions’ requiring urgent answers seem to me to be an overwhelming issue that needs a more urgent response. What are the odds on an adjournment of the meeting on the 9th?

My goodness, what an absolute shambles.

17. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

My point to him was that whatever decisions are made, whoever gets voted in and out, in the long run KE if it exists at all is likely to be purely a WKF sporting body and the rest of us will carry on as normal. I also made the point that it will best be run by a lawyer, an accountant and a businessman, karate politicians couldn't organise a urination in a brewery and haven't been able to do so for over 40 years.

18. alanplatt

alanplatt Valued Member

A descent management team would be a great idea and a good investment for everybody concerned in the karate scene. Who votes who in and who votes who out of the KE, I wonder if it’s it a bit too late?

Squabble, squabble, milk, milk!!

19. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

TBH you'll either get one lot in and one out or those in will stay in... it'll all be much the same whatever happens until something gives to break the 2 party system.

20. alanplatt

alanplatt Valued Member

Is this acceptable for karate? I don't think so. A difference will only be accomplished by calculated lobbying of the funding authorities. If their inbox were bombarded by rational query and concerns from rank and file karate-ka, they might just take note.

Notes and calls to the KE, I don't think will be enough.