Kamatuuran Kali's Baston

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by tuturuhan, Feb 10, 2007.

1. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Lucy,
    You are taking the holding of the stick wrong. You are a very accomplished person in the art, that goes without saying. But I did.

Learning to hold the stick comes from within, I believe. You can be taught at first but the way of learning is constant drills with or without a partner.

There is a sensitivity that is there that comes with time, sort of like writing, many hold the instrument different but the letters still flow. If you are in your fighting mode of gloves and other protective devices you will hold it different.
    Because of the power you need and it will become apparant the minute you start hitting something. Similar to the way of adjustment as you are moving and swinging and flicking and striking.

The first thing someone needs to learn more than anything else in the footwork and the basics, but holding the stick is very important.

Hitting a ball that is moving will show you what I mean. If you don't have relaxation with strength, you will not be able to be as good as the person who is. Boxers talk about it all the time. Weight lifting does nothing to help either it only complicates it. The relaxing ability. Bunched muscles are not as strong, they tire quickly.

People who are into teaching conditioning, can explain it well.

Now to be a critic..
    Flow and beauty, did you notice the beauty in the movements of Tuhon Joseph in his video. Say's it all. I believe he is the single stick.

I clairified my thoughts of who was who, " Man in red, you." (give and take).

Regarding the people in the video. Your not answering very well though. Who is the person, in red on the right, in the indoor shooting? Very dark.

Thank you.

Gary

2. oosh

oosh Valued Member

Gary come on mate use some common sense :p Go to 1.57 - Pat is the 6ft white bloke with no hair wearing the Red uniform and GM Kano is the Pinoy wearing a black t-shirt.

3. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

You've got good eyesight Oosh :D :D :D

4. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I have made that distinction, all I am asking is who is the guy in the red in the video who is on the right side of the screen??? Tough question takes three of you, to still not tell me. LOL

Gary

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I know you said you could not hear it because you have hearing problems, But if you read the credits at the end you will find out:)

Give you a clue. He is the one doing the translating as is credited as such;)

The evidence is right in front of you all you have to do is look at it:D

6. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Evidence??? Ok :D

Gary

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  7. shootodog

shootodog restless native

i was going to post??? :p

8. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

We all know God is a woman....and I post all the time you don't have to introduce me before I post. But thanks anyway. :D :Angel:

and seeing as I am already the 'Mother Art' it is only natural that I should rise to this position now, what other prospects do I have? :D :Angel:

Love Lucy :love:

9. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

Knowledge of the Filipino blade will make you a better fighter because the blade will never lie.

10. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

:Alien:

Laughter is the best Medicine...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3WFl-5ajEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3WFl-5ajEQ[/ame]