kalimasada

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by shootodog, May 13, 2004.

1. shootodog

shootodog restless native

i hear this from lsai & leskas people. they say it's some sort of kali mind control.

1) is it fma?
    2) what is it?
    3) is it indonesian silat?

there's a teacher somewhere here. i'm still trying to track him down.

2. narra

narra Valued Member

Maybe orasyon or anting-anting. But from what I remember, GM Lema or Master Ybanez or even GM Sanchez all of which are from lightning doesn't practice any of these 'esoteric' things. My teacher is a student of both Ybanez and Sanchez, and a few times of Lema also and I myself have met Mang Vic Sanchez. Never mentioned something like what your talking about. Well, this is all I know.

I have noticed that the Leskas people have a different way of executing strikes as compared to other Lightning groups. Is this a modification on their part? The strikes are the same only the angle of stick impact is somewhat not the same. I'm just curious here, any comments are welcome.

3. deCadena

deCadena New Member

kalimasada as far as i know isn't filipino by nature. Rather it's a form from our brothers in the south Indonesia or Malaysia (am not certain). Consequently, the art is more of internal. hope this helps

4. shootodog

yes, i do believe the guy teaching it here is indonesian or came from indonesia.

gotta find out more about this.

5. pepe

pepe New Member

its indonesian. try to search for the group that teaches it ...tetada kalimasada philippines. i saw them at pasig and makati. just like qi-gong with emphasis on breathing and chants. read past issue of rapid journal 'twas featured there.

6. shootodog

yes, it is much like chigong (qi gong). i was interviewing my friend (lsai/ leskas) girl who does kalimasada. it is indonesian m.a. based on the chakra points (much like that of the indian and the chinese arts).

btw, good luck to you karen in the wekaf nationals!

Last edited: May 26, 2004
  7. Tomanak

Tomanak Nil Desperendum

The full, correct name is TETADA KALIMASADA. It is Indonesian by origin and practice, but because of the close affiliation of Filipino and Indonesian Martial Arts (in practioners and geography), TETADA KALIMASADA has been adopted by some FMAs.

I would compare it to advanced Yoga, more than anything else. Its a combination of advanced Yoga and Mind focusing techniques.

The most credible authority, in my experience and opinion, is Guro Besar Rudy Terlinden. He incorporates Kalimasada with his Ratu Adil style.

8. AhmadVin

AhmadVin New Member

There is no relation with Yoga. The founder was ever trained in other inner energy institutions.