K10 championships

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Sonshu, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Making excessive contact under the rule system they agreed to fight under, therefore not exhibiting the control required.

CATEGORY 1.
    1. Techniques which make excessive contact, having regard to the scoring area attacked, and techniques which make contact with the throat.
    2. Attacks to the arms or legs, groin, joints, or instep.
    3. Attacks to the face with open hand techniques.
    4. Dangerous or forbidden throwing techniques
    CATEGORY 2.
    1.Feigning, or exaggerating injury.
    2.Repeated exits from the competition area (JOGAI).
    3.Self-endangerment by indulging in behaviour, which exposes the contestant to injury by the opponent, or failing to take adequate measures for self-protection, (MUBOBI).
    4.Avoiding combat as a means of preventing the opponent having the opportunity to score.
    5. Clinching, wrestling, pushing, or seizing, without attempting a throw or other technique.
    6.Techniques, which by their nature, cannot be controlled for the safety of the opponent and dangerous and uncontrolled attacks.
    7.Attacks with the head, knees, or elbows.
    8.Talking to, or goading the opponent, failing to obey the orders of the referee, discourteous behaviour towards the refereeing officials, or other breaches of etiquette.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2003
  2. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Bloody hell, you'd be as well having a staring out contest.;)

What happens when your dumb opponent just happens to walk onto your strike. Are you penalised for that or is your opponent penalised for being unable to avoid a half baked strike.:confused:

3. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

It'd be down to the interpretation of the rules by the officials John, but you knew that didn't you? ;)

4. johndoch

johndoch upurs

LOL,

*shudder* @ the term Interpretation
    :D

5. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Having watched it on TV. the players were being penalised for "excessive contact" a bit harshly IMO

I mean excessive is entrierly down to the individuals interpretation but we spar with that level of contact in class let alone for £10,000.

Now i understand that this may have been for the benefit is keeping things looking less like a slugfest but to be fair some of the competitors reaction to blows were verging on the ridiculous.

Not a good advert for TMA sparring.

6. happywelshgal

happywelshgal New Member

I'm a national official who uses the new wkf rules, and if a fighter blatantly walks on to an attack then the judges and referee can give him a warning for mubobi, which is a disregard for one's own safety. I think that the rules work well, you have to remember that not all styles fight by full contact rules. The wkf new rules allow a lot more oppurtunity for more technically difficult techniques, and haven't been in use that long. As for the injury on the night, there was only one i saw, and that was jason ledgister, and he was forced to pull out. I admit the rules are quite difficult when you first encounter them, but after a while you begin to see the benefits.

:D