K-1 WORLD GP 2005 in HIROSHIMA

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by jabcrosshook, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Not seen this info posted anywhere on MAP. If it has, please ignore :p

Takes place this tuesday (June 14th)

[​IMG]

Undercard/Other fights

Opening Fight / K-1 Rules / 3 Min. 3R Ext.
    Yuya Yamamoto VS Kazuki Hamasaki

Reserve Fight / K-1 Rules / 3 Min. 3R Ext.1R
    Takeru VS Yuki Niimura

Super Fight / K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext.2R
    Hong-Man Choi VS "Green Beret" Tom Howard

Super Fight / K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext.2R
    Ray Sefo VS Ruslan Karaev

----

What's everyone think? Picks?

Has anyone got any clips of Tom Howard fighting? I've never actually seen him :confused:

2. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

Is Hong Man Choi that huge korean bloke who fought Kakolai ?

The name Choi gives it away as a korean name

Oh and Norm, i thought you were more into semi :p

3. Choi is the 7'2" Korean who fought Kaoklai

Semi: No, not at all. I've always preferred full, just couldn't find the time to train for fights (especially now with exams). Fighting on the continuous circuit is simply 10 times easier to prepare for. No long training at a club 25mins away from me and I can just turn up and compete.

I'm more into grappling/MMA aswell, and now I'm 16 hope to take that up if possible. Hope that cleared it up. On the other thread, I was not rubishing Full, or saying semi/light was better. I was merely disagreeing with your points.

:Angel:

4. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

Pretty funny that the japanese rep for the k-1 eliminator is gonna be a huge black guy. that is one of the worst list of cans I have seen in a while.

5. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

Im hugely confused with all these k-1 things, baukoaw is competing in k-1 max, what is koaklai comepting in? or is he not competing?

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

K-1 really needs to get the point - Sapp will never win the GP. Ever. Throwing him cans so they can get him to the finals is just counter-productive - he'll look unstoppable and either get chewed up by someone that's half decent, or lose a decision against Musashi :rolleyes: They need to stick to the big money superfights with him.
    I'm not having high hopes for this K-1 event

7. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

K-1 max is the lightweight division. regular K-1 is for heavyweights. the reason its just called k-1 is because the k-1 max is a fairly recent addition. Kaoklai is a small guy but he competes in the heavyweight division.

Kaoklai was one of the 8 finalists from last year so he automatically gets through to the eliminator to see who goes to tokyodome. the finalists consist of the 8 finalists from the previous year, 6 fighters who win the tournaments, and 2 fighters chosen by the k-1 committee.

which makes me wonder why kaoklai was in the seoul GP?

8. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

ah k gotcha, so when is k-1 max, and normal k-1 starting?

9. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Big surprise: Sapp won

Clicky

10. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

man I should have put money on these fights, I picked Sefo and Choi by first round ko and Sapp to take the tournament....

11. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Is this one Pay Per View?

12. [​IMG]

HIROSHIMA, June 14, 2005 -- A display of superior stamina and newfound prowess with kicks propelled Bob "The Beast" Sapp past three opponents and earned the American former-NFLer the Championship at the K-1 Japan Grand Prix '05.

Sapp and stamina? Who was he fighting - Akebono again? :rolleyes:

13. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

heres some choice pics-
    [​IMG] bob sapp has been working on his kicks with Sam Greco...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what can I say, Sapp won... convincingly. I should have put money on this one!

[​IMG]
    Tomi getting koed..

[​IMG]
    heres the breaker....
    [​IMG]
    and the aftermath. owch.

14. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Is this avaliable on PPV or not?

15. Just wait - one or all of us will have the vids soon enough and post them on here. I've not heard of any PPV showing.

I love Choi's knee on Howard! Ouch.

16. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

They should put K-1 on PPV, that would be awesome.

17. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

norm i know youve only been on k-1fans.com for a couple of days, but its not good to post links from there, becuase people just leech without giving anything back, either rehost it and post the link here, or even better direct them to k-1fans.com

18. The Choi was a rehost :)

I'm not rehosting a massive file, sorry. http://www.k-1fans.com is the address, Sapp's fights are up now.