JWT's Jumps

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by John Titchen, Sep 27, 2011.

1. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Got it. Thought you were training by yourself. Thanks for sharing.

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

And quite right ya big girl's blouse. ;)

Mitch

3. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Of course I only accepted mine as part of sticking to sound confrontation management principles.

4. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi John,

Naughty naughty :)

Breakfast was OK - maybe a bit on the large side but I don't know what your current weight/BMI etc are... but lunch was too little and no mid-morning or mid-afternoon snacks :(

Dinner seems OK - I am not sure about how much salt it would have contained - however I don't know how much salt you should take?

What time did you eat dinner - I've just started going for early dinner (pre 7pm) followed by a snack (or two) later in the evening. I don't like it but it seems to improve weight loss???

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I can confirm that jwt, who has never been porky, has dropped a lot of weight in recent times and is looking very trim.

Mitch

6. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Gimme 40 years to catch up :D

7. John Titchen

Hi Robert

On Wednesday and Thursday time demands at work mean it is often impossible for me to get any food between about 11am and 6pm. On very bad days, if i get too caught up, I don't drink during that time either.

As I am on a predominately low carb quasi primal diet I don't get food cravings, or energy drops (because I don't subject myself to insulin rushes), so I don't feel any compunction to eat other than to fill the time or if my stomach is rumbling. I only managed half a dairy milk bar (left over from my weekend emergency rations) as it tasted too sweet for me and made me feel a bit sick. I can have fast days (no food) without feeling tired or hungry.

So breakfast - 3 egg mushroom omlette and banana. That was designed to keep me feeling full until about 7pm. The omlette was about 260 cals including the butter and mushrooms. The banana about 95. So not that big a breakfast!

Lunch was bad, but only in that I shouldn't have had the chocolate. The bar was close to the tap where I was getting slurps of water while fending off people asking me questions.

Dinner was quite high salt, and relatively high carb for me with all those sweet cherry tomatoes bursting to make a savoury sauce with the olive oil... :heart: High protein and high Omega 3 with the salmon. I had Dinner at about 7pm. I'm putting stuff up in the order I do it, but will include timings!

I don't stick religiously to my diet (probably 80% compliance) and do have cake, booze etc... but in the main I'd say on this regime my energy levels have never been higher. :)

My blood pressure is very low at the moment, about 120/60, to help my heart 'recover' from left ventricular hypertrophy, so I'm not worried about occasional salt spikes (anchovies).

I do drink loads of fluids and on a hot day (and yesterday I was baking and sweating buckets in the sun teaching weapon handling drills in shirt and t shirt though I took off my smock (winter uniform)) - I'm very aware of the need to replace salt as well as water to stay alert. I think it is easy to get so focused on the salt police's guidelines and forget about what your body is doing to cool down when hot!

BMI. At last weigh in I was 81.3 kg. I would say I am now 80.5 Kg. and 182 cm, so BMI = 24.3. I'm still carrying a bit on the waist that needs to go, and obviously I have about 250g weight due to the extra kidneys - but I probably need to gain about 2kg on my hamstrings. That will probably push me into the 'overweight' category, which is ridiculous!

If interested you can see a revealing (under armour t shirt) glimpse of my build 3 weeks ago in the Student E video here:
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1074514944&postcount=16
    I'd say I've lost a bit more fat since then.

Mitch - I though I noticed you noticing. :heart: I had to keep up with the sex God. :p

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

It's not everyone that can post that on a forum. :)

9. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Does this mean JWT's hobby includes a hacksaw and a bathtub full of ice?! :eek:

10. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

That cannot be true - surely you can have a bottle of water and a couple of protein or low carb bars with you???

I have this image of the early hunter gatherer with a small rabbit like creature tied to his belt, a handful of berries and a large bar of Cadburys dairy milk... Not sure it's an entirely accurate picture :) :) :)

Agree with your 'salt police' comment. As you know, we visit Malaysia every couple of years to see the family - when I am there I find that despite the heat I often drink LESS than I do in the UK and feel better for it - go figure. I think it comes down to listening to your body and finding what works for each of us as individuals.

Looking good John - Said in my macho voice so as to not get John or others too excited :) :) :)
    - - - Did political correctness just get ignored then - terribly sorry :)

11. John Titchen

Don't be ridiculous. I use my Sal D'Aquila's Musashi Katana.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  12. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

A classy organ thief!

13. John Titchen

Hi Robert

Easy boy. :p

14. John Titchen

Friday 30 September

A rest day

9am Breakfast, cup of tea, two handfuls of blueberries, a handful of raspberries, a half handful of brazil nuts and a half handful of walnuts with two heaped tablespoons of greek yoghurt.

30 minute cross country dog walk.

1330 Handful of pistachio nuts. 2 pints water.

3 sets bodyweight full rom squats
    1 set abdominal leg extension exercise
    3 sets oblique crunches each side

Mowed lawn.

2 pints water

1600 Cup of white tea
    Leg stretches

1900 Takeaway
    2 Poppadoms, pickles, 3 onion bhaji, half a portion of rice, half a peshwari naan, half a portion of butter chicken, half a portion of chicken pathia.
    1 pint water
    1 Peroni.
    1 Almond magnum (it's a definite weakness)

2 sets abdominal leg extension exercise

1 Peroni.

15. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Do you mix all these together? If so try adding some cinnamon to the mix (if you like it), it works really well!

16. John Titchen

Well I leave the cup of tea in a mug, but the rest I do eat in a bowl together. :p Next time I'll try some cinnamon.

17. Frodocious

D'oh! I really should read my previews more carefully before posting! :)

I love mixed berries, Greek yoghurt and cinnamon for breakfast (preferably with the cup of tea separate!).

18. John Titchen

Add the nuts... it's all about the crunch! A girl like you should get her hands on some nuts first thing in the morning.

Total yoghurt? :)

19. Frodocious

I will try the nuts next. Crunchiness is good!

Normally, it's Sainsbury's 10% fat Greek yoghurt because I'm a cheapskate and the Total is more expensive.

20. John Titchen

Total:
    Nutritional information per 100g:
    Energy 96 kcal (403 kJ)
    Protein 9.0g
    Carbohydrates* 3.8g
    Of which sugars 3.8g
    Fat 5g
    Of which saturates 3.6g
    Calcium 102mg (13% of RDA**)
    Sodium 0.036g
    Cholesterol 13mg
    Fibre 0g

Sainsbury's low fat greek 165g
    Fat 4.5g
    Saturated Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 0mg
    Carbohydrate 13.6g
    Dietary Fiber 0g
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 9.46g

Just compare. The total has lower carb, higher protein. It's worth the added expense for the taste alone!