just surfed in

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by dogfighter, Jan 15, 2004.

1. dogfighter

dogfighter New Member

I just stumbled on to this site from a search I did on a similar subject and I checked it out and found it to be very cool. I think I might hang around a while. Some of the other forums are getting stale any way. With all the activity I see on this forum it looks very promissing.. Anyway, I'm into filipino martial arts dogbrothers and others. started at Dux - Ryu in the early 80's. Did alot of weapons sparring in the 90's and don't ask me about the 70's because I probably would'nt remember anything about them anyway. (if ya know what I mean).Look forward to checking out posts in the near future.

2. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

A. You actually studied at Dux-Ryu?!

B. Welcome to MAP.

C. You need to talk to our admin, YODA. He's a Dog Bros. Disciple himself.

3. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Welcome to MAP.

4. dogfighter

dogfighter New Member

dux and yoda

I studied studied Dux- Ryu martial sience system, as that is what they were calling at that time. more later.

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hi and welcome to MAP

Who in Dog Brothers MA do you/ have you trained with and where?

6. dogfighter

dogfighter New Member

Dog Brothers

Yoda, The only one on one training I've had with the dog brothers were at gatherings of the pack in hermosa beach CA and the stick vs other weapons vol. 6 video tape. That's how I first discovered the Dog Brothers (tape six) back in 1995. By 1996 I made the trek from northern CA for my fisrt gathering. A year and a half later I moved back to my hometown of Los Ageles which made it much easier to participate at gatherings. After a couple of gatherings I started checking out all of the video training tapes they offered. Some of the people I've fought Include my friends Top Dog Knaus, Dogzilla Tibits, Rain Dog Florembie(spelling) , Steve Terani and others. I was pretty much actively fighting beetween 1996 through the end of "99" You can see one of my fights with Top Dog(single stick vs double nunchaku) on the new dogbrothers series of video tapes titled (A GATHERING OF THE PACK vol.2) This tape,like vol.6 of the old series, is full of blood and guts sparring and no step by step training except for the occasional suggestions Crafty Dog is shouting to one of his fighters durring some of the fights. At this time I am not an official member of the dog brothers DBMAA nor have I ever been, but I value what I have learned from them and the friendship I feel toward them. Who knows, we may have fought at some of the same gatherings. I have also attended a gathering at the "Raw Gym" in El Segundo CA but did not fight on that occasion. I noticed in your article that you attended a gathering in March 03. Man thats a long Trek. I met a guy named Richard Killick(spelling) from england,Crafty may have mentioned him to you as it is not that common for someone to travel so far to put there neck on the chopping block so to speak.(It is to be commended).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2004
  7. dogfighter

dogfighter New Member

Sorry I had to cut you off yesterday. My 2 year old decided to use me as a jungle gym right when I started reply to your post. I have since then replied to a post by YODA(thanks for the hook-up). Although I have had alot of personel training from Dux himself, I tended to stay on the outer fringes of the organisation. Same with the Dog Brothers. I just kind of do my own thing and when I feel I need to test out a few new theories or techniques I have the perfect place to test them out, with a little help from my friends. Later Bro.