Just For Kicks - You Decide

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Mitch, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Squats!

:D

and also

*whimper*

Mitch

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

LOL! Foam roll or ask Mrs Mitch for a massage! :)

Happy hobbling tomorrow! :)

3. Mitch

Sparring class tonight with lots of deep squats to warm up. Ye Gods I'm gonna hurt tomorrow!

Mitch

4. Mitch

Squats, Deadlifts, pull ups, bench, tricep curls and dumbell rows.

Also did a set of shoulder mobility exercises as they've been feeling stiff recently, couldn't believe how much better I felt afterwards!

A quick question for anyone out there; I feel like my shoulders are hunched up and forward, if that makes sense. I want some exercises to pull them down and back into place, strengthening the back I imagine. I don't have access to a lat tower or anything overhead for pulling down, just a flat bench, squat rack and chin up bar. I do have a number of exercise bands. Any suggestions?

Mitch

5. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

I'm sure there are more experienced bods than me - but pull ups? (as opposed to chin ups)

6. Frodocious

7. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

pull-ups up the wazoo, no horizontal pressing (you spend enough time in that sort of position while punching to do it in strength training as well unless you spend half the day pulling or already have a back like a solid rock face), and a bunch of rows and overhead movements of any kind. basically anything that uses the upper back and involves bringing shoulders and elbows back)

8. Mitch

Ran a birthday party for 20 6 year olds. Crikey.

Mitch

9. Frodocious

:wow: :eek:

*Hands Mitch a cup of tea and some valium*

Respect is due!!!!

10. Mitch

Bench
    Chin ups
    Squats
    Dead lifts
    Overhead press
    Tricep curls (just fancied them instead of dips today, sorry Fish)
    Dumbell rows

I intersperse all these with
    Shoulder dislocations (which absolutely rock Frodo, got Mrs Mitch doing them too)
    Band face pulls
    Makiage kage
    Kettle bell swings
    Shoulder stretches

All going really well and so far no knee or back problems. I'm keeping weight low and doing 8x3 whilst I monitor things.

Mitch

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

What does your "band face" look like?
    I'm imagining a cross between Nigel Tufnell from Spinal Tap and po-faced Brian May from Queen. If such a thing can be imagined.

12. Mitch

Like that but even more disturbing :D

Mitch

13. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Sounds good mitchey.

Something to think about is rolled shoulders are the scapulae winging out (or protracting) you want to strengthen the tissues that retract and depress them.

Wisely you a doing face pulls which rocks, and dislocates that loosens things up lovely, finally i would add something that woks a little lower around the scapular

a band row pulling to level with belly button (tie the band like you would for face pulls then pull to your waist parallel to the belly button and try to touch your elbows behind you back) people often miss this aspectout shoulder rehabilitation, you must work all around the shoulder blade. High rep straight arm band pull downs (god that’s a mouthful!!) make my shoulders feel better 10x out of 10

also batwings.

14. Mitch

This workout is plodding along nicely :)

I'm still building up really slowly, but no problems with knee or back so far.

I must get some form check videos done to make sure I won't cause myself issues as the weights moves from unmentionable to merely embarrassing :D

Mitch

15. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Good show!

16. Mitch

Increasingly in love with squats :)

Mitch

17. Mitch

And we're back! :)

I thought I'd revive this with a new format. I'm really knocking on a bit now so training these days is for fun and to help my TKD. As such variety and interest are more important than turning me into an (even more :D ) awesome fighting machine.

The idea is that I'm going to try and theme things a bit. Some weeks will be cardio, some strength, some caveman, whatever.

Anybody can suggest any exercise they think fits with that theme and I'll have a go at it. This will hopefully let others who have never tried something see if they fancy giving it a try, plus it should provide for general hilarity as I fail at almost everything.

The only constants are that I'm doing the C25K programme as it's my belief that any adult male without other problems should be able to jog 3 miles in half an hour easily enough.

Initial goal is to lose 18lbs, probably at around 2 per week. We'll see.

So this week is steady state cardio week. I might do some cycling, I'll do the C25K sessions, then it's up to any suggestions you may have, but something that'll sit me in training zone 4 and let me keep going for 30-60 minutes.

Today: C25K Week 3 Day 1. 2 miles 28 minutes Avg HR 66% HRM. 314 Calories.

Any suggestions to make me suffer?

Mitch

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  18. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

What were you eating as you ran that you needed to record? Quick trip to Dreggs for a pasty? :)

19. Mitch

Pint and a fag. :D

It didn't upload the calories used for some reason, just found them on the watch and edited the post. :)

Mitch

20. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member