just a question

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Hades, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Hades

Hades the deskjob boxer

hi guys...

just a tiny question about training...

i do weighttraining and on the same day... after I've had my dinner, i go do some running... would that be bad? could it undo the weighttraining? because i get very different reports from people... some say you shouldn't do weights and roadwork on one day... others say it doesn't matter.... so... help me out here...

2. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

I think(and I am also unsure, physical fitness is a very complicated subject and I am by no means an expert in it) that people suggest doing them on different days is so you have more energy to put into both running and weightlifting. For example, if you run a marathon, your not going to be able to lift as much weight afterwords as you would if you hadnt run.

3. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

Someone else here will give you a more proper answer (I'm not really sure personally), but don't you feel a difference? I know that when I lift and do cardio in the same day, no matter which one I do first, the second exercise suffers because I am tired.

4. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

This is a pretty common question. I think BeWater has the good, better, best method.

It's good that you're doing weight lifting and cardio
    It would be better if you seperated them so you have a bit of activity everyday with a day or two off each week to do nothing
    It would be best if you had a periodized macrocycle setup with an olympic lifting coach, an elite sprinting program, a nutritionist and...okay, jk on the last part.

A lot of it depends on frequency, intensity, and duration as to how you structure things.

5. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

It...it just makes me so glad to see someone listening to what I say. :cry: :D

Hades, it also depends on your goals. If your just looking to improve your conditioning, I wouldn't stress as to when you're working out. If you're looking for maximum fat loss, I'd go either first thing in the a.m., or on a separate day.

6. Hades

Hades the deskjob boxer

owkay thanx guys... i think it's just better to seperate it to two days right?

7. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

:bang:

:D

Sure, if you can arrange it, do it on different days.