jump rope

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by kabba kick, Oct 28, 2004.

1. kabba kick

kabba kick New Member

ive been working on jump rope for the past month and a half now and i still really suck at it,its so bad i think my mom is better than me at it,im not kidding

does anyone know of any "Sercret techniques" or can give me any articles on this ?

2. seikido

seikido New Member

what aspect are you having trouble with? If it's timing, try this: put on some music with a steady beat, and work on swinging and jumping to the beat.
    And don't insult your mother. Mothers can do lots of things better than you, I'm sure ;)

3. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt Banned Banned

it helps to count in jumprope... Jump to a beat of 1-2-3-4... then you can catch a rythm and switch feet, then from there back and forth in a foot to foot jumprope, back to one leg, back to 2, back to switching, and so forth, while moving back and forth... Jumprope is just all about rythmn...

4. glenchuy

glenchuy has two left feet

ehehe... don't worry, i've been doing it for a long time, and i still suck at it :D i can't do any fancy rope tricks, nor can i do any fancy jumping tricks with it :eek:

5. Noib Da Mutt

well... it's all about the counting to a rythm...

6. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Start off just bouncing with 2 feet together, slowly and keeping your bounces low. Gradually build up speed and get better at this. Then start trying other techniques like alternate stepping etc.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn bout skipping: Jump rope techniques - Buddy Lee. Great guide with a lot of information.

7. thetao of peter

thetao of peter New Member

hi i have just sarted jump rope as part of my routine and keep geting pain on :cry: the inside of my calf to the ponit i have to stop this does not happen every time does any one have any advice

8. Noib Da Mutt

it will soon pass^^^^ your calves are just adjusting to the level of work that jumprope requires of them...

9. thetao of peter

thetao of peter New Member

thanks for the info much appreciated

10. kabba kick

kabba kick New Member

i can keep time,but as i start skipping i would gradually start swaying off towards the right,i have no idea why when i look at my relection on my sliding glass door(back porch) i my hands and body look straight,and stamina is a real big issue but i kinda think that come with practice

whats up with the swaying to the right thing?

11. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Your jumping is not concentric. You push harder with your left leg/foot. Keep it even and watch the ceiling.