Jujitsu in the Haslemere area.

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by Dan93, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

I have a female colleague at my Jujitsu Dojo who is moving soon to the Haslemere area and is looking for a good Japanese Jujitsu dojo in the area. Can anyone recommend a decent dojo local to the area? Being near to the army town of Aldershot I assume there would be some good instruction nearby.

She has mentioned that she is keen to continue learning JJJ as she has been studying a couple of Gendai forms for a few years so I am limiting my search to similar arts.

Cheers

Dan

2. Purespite

Purespite Valued Member

I seem to remember there is one in Grayshott which is about 5ish miles from the centre of Haslemere.

Grayshott is the small through town just past the Devil's Punchbowl that you used to go through southbound on the A3.

Not sure if they're still there - it was a long time ago when I was looking for a house down that way.

3. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Hi Purespite.

Only one I can find online doesnt have a website and is in the Grayshott Scout Hall, Did you pop down and view the club? Got a email/phone from MAR so I might put out an email.

4. Purespite

Purespite Valued Member

Hi Dan,

No I'm afraid not - I canned living down that way when I realised how much the commute up to town would cost.

I have come across this though:

Jitsu UK Organisation

Don't know anything about them but might be worth a punt.

The only other place I can think of is Hone Gym near Witley/Godalming but they might only do BJJ.

5. GenghisK

GenghisK Jiu Jitsu Kempoka

When I lived in Farnborough a lot of years ago, there was a very good traditional Jiu Jitsu club at the leisure centre in Farnborough.

I think that this is them...

http://www.waregachijujitsukai.co.uk/index.shtml

I suspect that the instructor I trained with is long retired and that this is one of his students, but from what I can see on the website, they look worth a try-out at least.

G

6. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Thanks GenghisK!

I will pass this on when I am next in the Dojo.

Cheers

Dan93

7. bigreddog

bigreddog Valued Member

There is a small club in Alton (another Jitsu UK one). If you find anything else, including more sporting set up, let me know!

8. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Enough already

There is a perfectly good club in Staines-upon-Thames

:(

9. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Carla mentioned she is moving to the area and needs a dojo more local, nothing wrong with our Dojo Sensei, said I would help find a decent Dojo.

Cheers

Dan

10. Kobudo

Kobudo Valued Member

There's a class in Farnham one of the guys on here has mentioned Ninniku Dojo.

Check out Infestilog in the training logs section.

The instructor is Ex- Genbukan, might be worth checking out??