Josh Thompson

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Saved_in_Blood, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

I gotta say, I like the guys style. Very good movement, a lot of nice, fluid combinations, mixes things up well. His fight Saturday was very entertaining even if he lost... close fight anyway.

I've seen about 3 or 4 of his fights and always did like all of the above things. Thoughts? I also liked watching the Masvidal fight. I am more partial to guys who box more yes... but he controlled the entire fight Saturday save for going down like a sack of rocks from a straight right... didn't panic, just got up and went right back at it lol.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I've been a long time Punk fan. His feud with Gilbert Melendez is epic. Although I think he should be doing a lot better than hs should be at this stage. He was thinking of retirement recently.

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Losing to Green is a huge step backwards. If he'd won he might have been a fight away from a title shot, now, he's looking at another 12-18 months assuming he doesn't lose again.

4. Saved_in_Blood

Idk, I just really do like the guys style... i'll bet he'd be a real pain to hit ... for me at least.

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Its a massive step back and personally I thought he won that fight. It wasn't a great fight, both guys had good showings but it was more "sparring" than anything else.

See how he goes, Punk was doing great against Bendo till he broke his hand. He's technically still young (35) so see how he feels. But he wasn't injured or anything, so he should be jumping into the ring again very soon.

6. Saved_in_Blood

I think it displayed the skill of both guys well. I wouldn't have wanted to be a judge for that fight, but either way yes, it was very close indeed.