Joined a few weeks ago...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Guizzy, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

I joined a few weeks ago and started posting without being aware of this forum, so I'll introduce myself.

I'm Guizzy, I'm a full-time college student, part-time computer technician.

I recently started learning Fujian White Crane Kung Fu (Flying Crane variant).

I live near Montreal (I don't think it would be any use to tell you what little suburb around it I live in).

2. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Welcome to the forum :)

What are you studying at college? What made you pick this white crane variant?

I hope you enjoy the forum :)

Regards

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Hi Guizzy, welcome to MAP :)

4. Desired Effect

Desired Effect New Member

welcome wlecome, you find everything you'll ever need in this site. i'm also a student, and find that most of my money goes towards martial arts, got to get as much practice as possible. hope you enjoy MAP.

5. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

I'm studying Desktop Publishing and Document Design; and it sucks.

I chose Flying Crane because that's the only kind of White Crane being taught near me (it being quite rare). I did chose White Crane because it hasn't been modernized much, and as such is still being taught for self-defense rather than sport or pretty movements. It's also more reliant on small quick movements of the upper-body rather than overly long flowery punches; which is better for my fitness level.