John Saxon

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Xue Sheng, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

axelb likes this.
  2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

When I first saw the news they described his as the star of "A Nightmare on Elm Street" of all movies where he had a bit part. What was my first thought was who the heck wrote that article, some intern who Googled his name?

Not only did Enter the Dragon out box office Nightmare six times over, Saxon's best work was in the classic 70/80's TV era...Wonder Woman, Six Million Dollar Man, Starsky and Hutch, Rockford Files, Quincy, Fantasy Island, Magnum, Hawaii 5-0, A Team. He was the one of the best "cool bad dude" character actor types. RIP.

Mitch and axelb like this.
  3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

He also studied Karate and Judo and I believe he was, for a short time, a student of Bruce Lee as well

Grond likes this.
  4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

RIP John Saxon.
    Many good movies and TV shows

5. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Mitch likes this.
  6. Grond

Grond Valued Member

The golf scene in Enter the Dragon is one of the best golf scenes ever put on film. Caddyshack has nothing on John Saxon. I know this because I've been golfing, and in the middle of my day I'd imagine being jumped by goons or ninjas or something similar. What do you do, hotshots? :D

Mitch likes this.
  7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Very much this.

I still tell my new generations of students to watch Enter the Dragon.

Mind you, I tell them to watch Fistful of Yen too :D

axelb likes this.
  8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

A fellow Kentucky Fried Movie fan, in the era of the Coronavirus? "Worse than Detroit?" You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. My faith is renewed.

Mitch likes this.