Joe Lewis is sick

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by KidKrav, Jul 26, 2011.

1. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

Hey guys, I got an email I'd like to share with you...

For those of you who don't know, Joe Lewis was the world's first Heavyweight Kickboxing Champion. He served as a US Marine and was one of the first Americans to bring Karate back from Okinawa. He trained directly under numerous MA icons including famous MA innovator and film star Bruce Lee, and Sugar Ray Robinson who is widely regarded as the greatest pound for pound boxer of all time. Joe Lewis was rated the world's greatest living black belt by Black Belt Magazine.

Also,, you know all of those jokes about how Chuck Norris is invincible?? Joe Lewis beat a prime Chuck Norris in a fight...
    True story.

You can donate without becoming a member of Joe Lewis' website if you choose, but I do recommend viewing the contents.

In the members section of his website you'll find a number of quality materials. In his video What Bruce Lee Taught me he discusses his experience fighting in early full contact bouts and how Bruce Lee helped him develop technique. He has a section devoted to articles which have been written about him and another devoted to his personal philosophical and tactical MA insights and experience.

If you've heard comments about how the quality of strikers is low in MMA, it's largely because many MMA fighters don't apply the principles Joe Lewis details in his video lessons and Black Belt Manual. You will not become an unstoppable killing machine just by viewing this material, but I believe you will have a much better understanding of the physical mechanics involved with a wide range of Martial Arts...

I understand that this site has a policy against advertisement, and I'm not sure if this is advertisement, but if I need to be disciplined I understand. Joe Lewis is a living piece of MA history and a friend so I'm willing to risk my status on the site to make an appeal for him in his hour of need. Rest assured that no member of Joe Lewis Fighting Systems requested that I post this and that it is entirely my choice to do so.

2. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

I sincerely hope MR. Lewis beats his bout vs that brain tumor... furthermore, I hope his organization can collect a MILLION $ for his cause. I wish him the best, Good Luck!

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I've met Mr. Lewis a number of times, got a great pic of me with him and he's an awesome guy. I hope he bounces back, he's a living legend!

4. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I remember watching him fight back when they used to show full contact kickboxing on television. He is one tough guy. I hope he pulls through this. The guy's a legend.

5. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

think he's who the joe louis arena in detroit is named after......

i hope he gets better.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No, that would be this Joe Louis

[​IMG]

as opposed the the one who is currently ill

[​IMG]

7. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Oh lol

got em all mixed up.