JKDAA in Texas!

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Hannibal, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Compilation of footage from the 2015 Texas retreat - they are an awesome group of practitioners down there! A lot of these are drills for co-ordination and timing rather than combative application directly, but there is a lot of "meat" on those bones too

Enjoy!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdGj5y3ZdSY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdGj5y3ZdSY[/ame]

2. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

The striking looked a lot like savate meets wing chun... Is that Jun fan kickboxing? Nice to see some bar room Jitz in effect!

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

More or less. Lots of lead hand/lead foot. For me I prefer slightly more kickboxing (heavy leg kicks etc) and boxing (not a fan of chain punching too much) but to each their own.

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Chain punching as a stand alone item I'd agree, but as an "in" it's a must have in your JKD arsenal.

5. Hannibal

Singh studied directly with Daniel Duby, so the Savate is actually Savate :)

6. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Looks like a lot of meat and little substance., more like flash and hype.

7. Hannibal

It's a demo reel - duh! 5 minutes of chi gung is unlikely to catch the eye...

8. Hannibal

Also feel free to post a video of how you train....we only know how you talk

And talk

and talk...............

9. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Could you be more specific?

Pick out some problems that you see.

10. Matt F

Matt F Valued Member

I don't really get it either ,but oh well, each to their own and to be fair it is just demos.
    A bit weird how they drop like evangelists, especially the guy at about 16 seconds....I think the women hits him on the head with something....but kind of really doesn't because it's a demo....
    The standing looking up at the rain I don't get either...feels a bit uncomfortable. Each to their own I guess.

11. Hannibal

It was a bottle - well sort of. Obviously not REAL, but designed to act as if...well you get the idea