JKD instructors in the Philippines

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by insearchoftheul, May 22, 2006.

1. insearchoftheul

insearchoftheul New Member

are there any certified and recognized instructors of jkd in the philippines? someone teaching OJKD? i know of a little studio that teaches jkd. the head isn't a certified jkd instructor but he claims that what he teaches are the things that bruce lee taught. i actually believe him.

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I have heard that there is a JKD club in Manila somewhere, but not sure where. Maybe you should ask the likes of Shootodog or Diego via PM (you will usually find them lurking about somewhere on the FMA threads), they are based in Manila and maywell know more, carefull not to cross post though as the mods for some reason get a bit narky about it:eek: :D ;)

Best regards

Pat

3. insearchoftheul

4. jkdmlastudent

jkdmlastudent New Member

yes there is a recognized instructor of jkd in the phils. yes, its ojkd. the club that you are referring to, where is it located?have you tried training with them?

5. LS

LS Full Metal Jacket.

You didn't get my PM?

6. insearchoftheul

got your message. the club under joel ramos? where in manila is it located? i really want to learn ojkd. i studied under joey perico. but joel ramos said that what joey teaches isn't jkd.

7. LS

LS Full Metal Jacket.

I think his contact # is on his website. Give him a call whenver you can. I also think his email is there too.

8. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

thats depends on personal view. would be careful about people saying that.
    any websites for the two people

9. LS

LS Full Metal Jacket.

Tel, I'm a little close to the situation as I've been told almost everything about the guy they call Joey. Trust me, there is no JKD presence in my birthland but Ramos. Perico's been frauding the public over 20 years, that just shows also how bad the laws are over there.

10. tel

ok will take your word for it. what does he teach out of interest.is it like karate or kickboxing?

11. LS

LS Full Metal Jacket.

Tae Kwon Do and Boxing. Also, it seems they deal more with the kicks, and practice barefoot!!!

12. tel

see what you mean. cheers

13. insearchoftheul

hey, just out of curiousity,,, how can you be sure that joey's a fraud? do you have first-hand experience of what he teaches or just rumors and hearsay?

14. Morne

Morne Valued Member

HI there,

Check out www.jkd.co.za and look under the 'join JKD' menu.

Kindest Regards
    Morné

15. ljkdsurvival

ljkdsurvival New Member

this is in regards with JKD schools in manila.And yes in regards the one with guru Joey Perico..he's been teaching jkd for the past 20 years and just recently he just got the tittle as guru. As for Joel Ramos.. he is a brand from Guru Perico way back 1980's. 1989 he went for a seminar under ijkd Mark Stewart and got his certificate as a certified jkd practioner and not a full instructor. Since 2002 Joel Ramos is trash talking Guru Perico until now with some of the lineage under survival solutions. He was beaten up by KEN our senior instructor during the time whe Guru Perico went to Dubai.. and this is a fact. Now joel ramos is boasting about his certificate which he paid for. Check jkdnexus.com you will find the name of Guru Perico and Guru joey ninobla. They are the only recognized jkd pinoy instructors and Kenneth Pua as certified jkd survival solution instructor ( certifiied by guru perico and ninobla ). And this crtification was awarded to them thru the years of their hard work and dedication to jkd.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  16. legendkiller

legendkiller Banned Banned

joey perico the master fraud who bought the license from ebay. isnt it that he begged to be certified by mark stewart and ted wong. where did perico learn jkd. in the book, i know u gardiner, and ur all u guys are nothing but fraud. tsk tsk. <threat removed>, years of hard work pretending to be a jkd master. and oh yeah didnt you pay for training and attending seminar. so dont pretend, <personal attack removed>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2010
  17. ljkdsurvival

ljkdsurvival New Member

you think you know me...

first of all im not saying im a master secondly jkd is about concepts if you dont know..it was said by dan inosanto that when they where being taught by bruce lee.. encourage them to study different arts.. jkd is not a style you are not to be bounded with techniques. you must free yourself from fixed movement then you will be free.. and i didnt buy any certifications.. currently iam working hard for it.. im under survival solutions dubai jkd and under the lineage of jason velez/dan inosanto/vunak/ninobla.. check jkdnexus.com and look for Joey Ninobla as one of the pinoy certified guru and im training under him.. It seems like you dont know anything bout jkd..for sure you sound like joel ramos..yes if i go to manila see me and will see. i will make you eat your words.. im here and you are there..there is a lot of certified jkd instructors here in dubai and not what you are claiming me as fraud.. im training world class and you are not..i have a lot of variation of martial arts and you dont..research about how jkd came about and then you shut your mouth and i always brush my teeth by the way.. i dont like flashy words because i let my fist speak...

18. ljkdsurvival

ljkdsurvival New Member

the video you see is part of our cross training.. i pity you get affected by it easilly.. dont worry i will post our current jkd sessions so you dont cry and start saying its fraud again...what a loser......Joel ramaos is that you?????

19. ljkdsurvival

ljkdsurvival New Member

i think joel rtamos is still alive and well.. anyway to legendkiller..please research more about me ok before you post wrong info.. i soooo pity you?? certification here in dubai cannot be baught. Maybe some you know but not us here we believe in skills and hard work.. First lesson in jkd is attitude and respect.. then everything will follow. certification is only a piece of paper. youcannot buy skills and passion for training. We do JKD world class here. We are sorruonded by other gurus and certified instructors who could certify us. Not compare of what you do ( if your into jkd ).. We have all the proper tools and knowledge to spread JKD here in Dubai. Guru Joey Ninobla is the director of jkd arabia and is one of the 2 pinoy certified instructor under SURVIVAL SOLUTIONS
    (jkdnexus.com) and Guru Perico is the other one.. and not what you are claiming that he baught his certification on ebay..inquire if you like..fell free...iam happy that there such a person as you you make us feel that we are good because of your jealoussy.. thanks and keep it coming!!!! GardinerSSJKD Dubai

20. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

The guy's already been banned, dude. Move on.