Jeet Kune Do techniques

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Bruce Lee, Feb 26, 2003.

?

Who's Better?

Poll closed Dec 23, 2003.
  1. Bruce Lee

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. Jackie Chan

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Jet Lee

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Bruce li

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Me

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  7. My Mother

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Actually I found out some stuff recently that kinda got me thing that there may well have been more to it - something someone close to him told me.

If you want the details you'll have to ask me in person - I'm certainly not posting it on the web.

Hash? Mmmmm..... corned beef hash, with red cabbage...... Mmmmmm.

2. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Hmm.... I'll be there in about 1 and a half weeks..... ;)

3. Cain

Cain New Member

Hmm.....on this site -

www.bruceleedivinewind.cjb.net

There's an interview with Robert Lee, where he says that they have an idea how Bruce died but they would rather not discuss this at this time....

PS - Yoda, would a PM do it?

Thanx,

|Cain|

4. YODA

That'll be the same as I've been told then

No - sorry.

It'll come out eventually I'm sure. That's if THEY don't squash it!

5. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

I think it might have been either very personal, or something law related. If this is the case, then something may have just come to light within the last 5 years or so. I'm not going to speculate any further.

Yoda, I trust that you were not entirely serious about telling people if they saw you in person... especially if they are off an online forum. If Mr. Lee does not wish to discuss it, I don’t see how others could.

If 'they' squash it, let them. Otherwise, I'm just going to let it go... as in, not look for it. But if it comes to my ears... then I'm not going to be deaf.

6. YODA

What I meant was that will tell people IN PERSON who i know IN PERSON and can trust. "Knowing" someone via an internet forum is not the same as knowing them in "real life" - of course there are people here that i know in BOTH senses.

7. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Of course :)

8. FISH

FISH New Member

Crazy poll hehe you're in the JKD forum of course Bruce Lee :D Seriously though you never really know like someone said but in a streetfight I wouldn't bet on anyone against Bruce Lee ;)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2003
  9. Tireces

Tireces New Member

I think a lot of people out there confuse the "no way as way..." quote. They think it means you should spread yourself thinly all over the place learning new techniques and applying "JKD Concepts" to them. Yes, I'm come from the aforementioned "Jun Fan Gung Fu" school of thought, what we do is really called Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do, not Jun Fan Gung Fu, Jun Fan Gung Fu looks more like modified Wing Chun, Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do does not (I have a whole book devoted to comparing the two, trust me, they are quite different). In Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do, other arts are not rejected simply because "it is not in our style to do that", rejections are based on careful and experience evaluation of how techniques of other arts work with what we do. For example, if it requires us to work out of a different stance, it is likely going to be disregarded. I guess the difference between what we do and a traditional "style" is simple. A heavily traditional martial artist will reject everything not in their style. We simply reject what does not work (be it inefficient, impractical for our stance, etc, the only real exception to the stance factor would be groundfighting, which really doesnt HAVE a stance), or what works but we already have something (or several things) like it that work far better, regardless of what "style" it comes from. Is Jeet Kune Do supposed to be set in stone? No, but you can't have people going about making changes to it the day they walk in the door, you have to actually give them the knowledge required to judge what does and doesn't work.

10. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Good post Trieces. You put it into words that many people should hear... unfortunatly those people don't want to hear them, or have no idea.

11. Topher

Topher allo!

I just skipped to the last page so sorry if this has already been mentioned.

So how did Bruce die, well the two most plausible theories is (1) He's brain had an allergic reaction go some medication he was taking and (2) He was poisoned? Bruce smoked cannabis and only brought the good stuff from certain people but one occasion he brought from someone he didn't know, he collapsed and nearly died. Then it happened again and this time he doctors were unable to save him. Some say that on both occasions the cannabis was poisened, and nearly killed then killed him.

12. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Chewed cannabis. :p

13. raybri-san

raybri-san New Member

take whats good for you and leave the rest it is a mix of deferent style's they sood you the most learn what you interest is and forget the rest mix it together and you create jeet kune do
    --------------------------------
    treu victory =self victory

14. LS

LS Full Metal Jacket.

create jeet kune do? I thought JKD was already created. oh well I must have been dreaming ONE HELL OF A DREAM that i was training the lead punch, slide step or what have you.

15. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Thats funny, my fake martial arts teacher taught me that stuff too! But I learned later that jeet kune do is all about saying "no way as way" a lot and getting an initiate rank in every MA I can get my hands on. Everything else bruce lee said is meaningless! Just the "no way as way", thats the only thing that he was really saying! The rest is just lies!

16. BryanX

BryanX Valued Member

Out of the poll, I'd say your mother.

Anyway, about Bruce's death. Ok, what if he DID die by a curse from demons or the mystical dragon that became part of the rumor?

Perhaps, if this is so, then whatever bad spirit killed Bruce Lee, probably covered up the mystery of his death with the so-called "brain edema". This is so to lead us away from the truth. Oh yeah, not to mention all the other rumors going around about his death is also probably a part of the cover-up.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2003
  17. BryanX

BryanX Valued Member

"I don't want too many in my organization. I don't want some of my students to go out and teach the public and make money on 'JKD' - especially if they use my name to draw the students."

-Bruce Lee

18. YODA

Where's that quote from Bryan?

19. BryanX

BryanX Valued Member

I'll try to find it in my list of Bruce Lee websites. There's a website where it shows Dan Inosanto and some other people being interviewed.

20. shuyun3

shuyun3 Shugyosha

its spelled that way outside america. Jackie and Jacky chan are the same person same as michelle khan and michelle yeoh.