Jeet Kune Do techniques

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Bruce Lee, Feb 26, 2003.

?

Who's Better?

Poll closed Dec 23, 2003.
  1. Bruce Lee

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. Jackie Chan

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Jet Lee

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Bruce li

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Me

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  7. My Mother

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee New Member

Hi I'm a beginer and would like to know how to leanr Jeet Kune Do.I only know SOME stuff.If you know any skills and technique for Jeet Kune Do can you please tell me?I would like to know how really bad!I'm also a big fan of Bruce Lee.So if you know anything anout Jeet KUne Do please tell me.Oh Ya!Is there a website that lets you download a manual for Jeet KUne Do?How did Bruce Lee die was it a curse?

2. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Oh man. We really ought to put together a FAQ for this type of thing.

First, find an instructor.

Second, there is no "manual" for JKD. There is The Tao of Jeet Kune Do, but that's not a manual. It's a collection Bruce's notes that were collected and published after his death.

Third, no, it wasn't a curse. It was brain edema. No one, to my knowledge, has figured out specifically what caused it. There may have been a combination of causes. But I believe that an allergic reaction to some medication he took may have contributed.

Fourth, if you run a search, I'm sure you'll find several very lengthy threads for this.

As for the poll ... "anyone can beat anyone else on any given day" ... esepcially when one of them is dead. Unless you're talking about being a better actor or making better movies. Then you'll find some debate, but there still has to be some caveat granted to Bruce since he's been dead 30 years and movies in general have come a long way since his time.

Questions like "who's better" are very fruitless. Everyone may or may not post their opinion, but there's no debate. Only pointless arguing that can't be proven one way or another. Even when you're comparing, say, two UFC fighters. To say one is "better" requires very specific criteria. One may be better a striking, but the other may be better at grappling. Or, if no criteria are presented, one may be better in the ring, but the other may be a better at chess outside the ring.

Not trying to bust your chops, but these types of questions can get old and annoying after a while. Take a look around the site, there's a lot of good advice around here, and a lot of good discussions that you may be able to join in and share (newbie or not, you probably have some knowledge that can help someone else).

Mike

3. Cain

Cain New Member

Why is'nt my name on the list? I can kick everyone's a$$ :D

Anyways, take more notice at Mike's post than mine :D

|Cain|

4. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Just added a couple of options to the poll, hope you don't mind Bruce!

5. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Damn it, I voted before my mother was added. She's studied stavit!

6. dredleviathan

dredleviathan New Member

Some respect please gentlemen. Si Gung Bruce himself is now posting on this humble forum... he didn't die afterall he just moved to Florida.

Sifu Lee let be the first to welcome you. I notice that you are testing us all with you questions:

As you yourself said JKD is not a style and as such cannot have specific techniques. JKD is a concept for personal expresion. You nearly caught with that one you wiley old man!

Again a great question. Obviously after all this time hiding in the Everglades you woudl be keen to protect your copyright against anybody postin entire manuals on the web. Clever to pretend to be an interested newbie!

I see you're still interested in the public's perception of how you died. Again clever... obviously you are just priming us for your miraculous emergence from exile with the 'gators.

By the way since I've been so clever myself and worked out your clever ruse is there any chance that you will train me personally and promote me above all these other wannabes? Preferably in one simple mail order video lesson...

7. Cain

Cain New Member

I voted for me :D

|Cain|

8. treecat

treecat New Member

Just to let you know you spelt Jet Li wrong.

9. Cain

Cain New Member

Who's Bruce li?

|Cain|

10. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

He was one of the dozens who was brought out as a Bruce Lee clone shortly after Bruce's death. Of course, it was the idea of the film companies not of the actors. But some actors were forced to change their names to more closely resemble "Bruce Lee."

Even Jackie Chan was portrayed as the "next Bruce Lee" for a while until he found (or maybe "carved" is a more appropriate term) his own niche as a comedic martial arts actor.

After Bruce's death, a lot of film companies (mostly in China) were looking for the "next Bruce Lee." Another that comes to my mind is "Bruce Le." But there were a whole slew of them in the mid 70s.

Mike

11. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee New Member

Inmy area I don't have an instructor what should I do??Go to another state(no).Can you help me and pesilat do you work at impactacademy or something?I was just curios.

12. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

There must be a lot of Martial Arts clubs in Florida! I wouldnt get hung up on whether you are learning Kung Fu, Karate, Taekwondo, Kickboxing etc. As Bruce Lee himself said, a punch is just a punch ....

I've been to classes in many different Chinese, Japanese and Korean styles. What matters is not the style you pick, but the instructor who teaches it.

Why not try out some clubs, and if you like one - stick with it.

13. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee New Member

I'll just pick a club its still self defense.

14. Cain

Cain New Member

Oh I see, thanx, first I thought you meant to be sarastic, but I see you were serious, sorry about the misunderstanding though

Going a bit off-topic it seems they have already labelled most stars like Jackie Chan, JCVD and Jet Li as 'the next Bruce Lee'

@Bruce Lee,

Do the right thing and take their advice -

Join a martial arts school which is based in your area, it does'nt matter too much as to which one, it will help you with the basics, and you will enjoy it trust me ;)

|Cain|

15. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

16. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee New Member

I know.I am.

17. dredleviathan

dredleviathan New Member

I know you are but what am I?

18. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee New Member

?????
    Well I am going to find a class.Probaly
    of taikwon doe

19. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Hey, taikwon doe is awesome. I wish there was a class on my planet. Respect duuuuude!!!

20. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Isn't that all kicking people in the ears? I'd choose one of the many king foo styles, much better! :)