Jeet Kune Do & Bujinkan

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Fiz, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Fiz

Fiz Valued Member

Hi everyone,

I noticed on another thread that some people were not recommending cross training and I was wondering if anyone out there had trained in JKD and Bujinkan and if they complemented each other or hindered training?

Bit of history:

I started training in JKD a few months ago but I have always had an interest in the Bujinkan training since the early 90's when I trained with the BBD for a few months in Edinburgh, distance was to great for me to keep up the training, now having moved South a good number of years ago there is a Bujinkan dojo within easy travelling distance to me in Crawley.

A few months ago I found a JKD concepts class that I started to train at but I have a free day for training on the day that the Bujinkan class is on. If anyone has done both then I would be interested in your opinion.

I have trained in Lau Gar for 1 year(club folded) and Shotokan karate for 4 years(moved to Sussex).

Best regards,

Fiz

2. cj256

cj256 Valued Member

i have been cross training in both these systems/arts for about a year now and find that they compliment each other quite well especially the grappling side of both arts.
    i also practice taiji ,qi gong which really helps my breathing striking coordination.

3. Fiz

Fiz Valued Member

Thanks for the reply cj256,

Its mainly the grappling aspect that has me interested, I like the stick work and the boxing that I am being shown in JKD. I think I will give it ago on Thursday and see what happens from there.

Cheers,

Fiz