Jean Claude Van Damme

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by USGR13, Jan 19, 2004.

?

Best Martial Artist actor

1. Jean Claude Van Damme

7 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. Steven Seagal

8 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Jackie Chan

47 vote(s)
    43.1%
  4. Bruce Lee

47 vote(s)
    43.1%
  1. USGR13

USGR13 Valued Member

Jean Claude van Damme Real or fake, I think hes real what about you guys

2. totality

totality New Member

jean claude van damme is most definitely a robot.

3. USGR13

USGR13 Valued Member

I mean as a Martial Artist

4. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

He's a performer, I'll give him that. He does ballet, too...and in the movies, your performance is the biggest factor, anyway...

5. TigerAnsTKDLove

TigerAnsTKDLove Ex-TKD'er 2005.

i think bruce lee is a legend so i say bruce lee but also i think jackie chan is grand too.

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Best "actor" --> acting ability --> Jackie Chan, of course.

7. Cain

Cain New Member

Bruce Lee ;)

|Cain|

8. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

the chan.

without a doubt.

9. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

Why isn't Sammo Hung Kam Bo a choice? He's pretty cool, too (anyone remember Martial Law on CBS?)

10. sumito

sumito New Member

You have to go with Jackie Chan whether its MA or Acting you are judging because his range is better in both than any of the others.

In a fight, however, I'd go with Bruce Lee because that is what he trained himself for. Movies were a means to an end for him.

11. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

Where's Sonny Chiba? Jet Li? Sammo Hung?

Jean Claude Van Dam is beat.

12. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Hehe that list is not much to choose from. Yeah sonny chiba rocks in classic street fighter. I say Bruce Lee is the best martial artist, but not because I think his the best fighter. Infact I dont think his anywhere close to that, however the man lived for the art. He started teaching free classes before his wife Linda gave him the idea to open multiple dojo for cash.

I don't have that much aginst Van Dam eventhough his more of a super ballet dance rather than martial artist. His movie is kinda fun to watch for the 80's standard. Now his a complete joke if you ask me.

13. chicken

chicken New Member

Seagal - He may me a good martial artist,I don't realy know, but he's one crap actor. Van Damme - An excelent martial artist. Actor? sometimes. Lee probably the best martial artist but we'll never know, ditto his acting ability. Chan excelent martial artist and he can act . Personaly....Bruce Lee... his first films kicked ass,imagine if he was still at it now!

14. pocketwarrior

pocketwarrior New Member

You could put Mark Dacascos on that list as well...

15. Topher

Topher allo!

JC all the way.

16. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Dunno... Jackie's job is to act, he isn't obsessed with MA like BL. I even like his old movies better. Like The Drunken Master (the black&white one.)

Still, in a fight I'd bet on BL.

PL

17. TigerGrishkin

TigerGrishkin Banned Banned

What kind of choices are these? This is like where do you want to live? East St. Louis or Beirut?

18. marais

marais New Member

my baby sister faught jean claude

she is 3 years old.....................she won

stick to ballet you person that think you can kick and punch

19. Azrael

Azrael Fighting Spirit

The best martial arts 'actor' has got to be Jet Li without a doubt. Fighting wise? Of all time? Bruce Lee. Living? Donnie Yen.

20. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I think who you like doesn't just deal with MA's. The persons personality comes into play. Jackie has his humor, jet li is calm, Seagal has the quiet confidence, and Bruce Lee has the old 70's camp films on his side. They are all good martial artists, but they each have their own style and attraction.