[Japan] Please translate into Japanese

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by bujingodai, Jul 30, 2009.

1. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

I have someone looking to put something into Japanese for their bow in

Can someone translate to Japanese pls

"May the divine wisdom and strength of the kami shine on those training today"

thank you

2. Stanislovas

Stanislovas Valued Member

"kami" as in "god"?

3. bujingodai

correct yes

4. iB1337

iB1337 Valued Member

Shouldn't the school they practice have their own version of rei-gi. Or is this for a made up koryu, or do they wish to make what they practice look more legit?

The answer will help me decide to help or not.

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

When you get your answer be very careful before you have a tattoo done on you arm

6. bujingodai

No I think the intention was just to have a nice saying in Japanese at the bow in, nothing quite so nefarious.

Never mind then, I didn't think it would be a moral thing to ask for

7. iB1337

iB1337 Valued Member

Your buddy should know that you don't need to say anything to the kamiza, you just need to keep it clean and take care of it and show the proper respect. Two claps and a bow followed by one more clap and a bow is all you really need.

8. Ur Anaite

Ur Anaite tabi cos only 2 toes

The Kami 'sitting' at the Kamiza should know that bujingodais' buddy feels good saying in something with the bow and that this is primarily for the benefit of the person bowing not the Kami. Therefor it would be understood and accepted.

Funny how not everything performed in (semi)traditional or (semi)spiritual/religious manner is for the benefit of anyone other than the person doing it.

9. iB1337

iB1337 Valued Member

His buddy isn't Jules from pulp fiction is he? Just looking for something cool to say just before he bows in.

Besides if said Kami understands his buddies intentions then he could just say it in English unless of course the Kami can't understand intentions in English.

I'm thinking his buddy is actually him.

10. bujingodai

Is it really that much a point?

OK well I appreciate the advice. It makes sense. So thank you for the education on it. Just didn't know I'm sorry.

11. Kuroshinobi

Kuroshinobi Banned Banned

I speak little Japanese i'll try
    lol
    kami no shinsei chie to tsuyosa wo donata o shugyo suru