Jackie v's Jet

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ghostsuit, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

Ok they both do pretty spectacular movies so who do you think would win in a face off?

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

No idea, since in none of their movies do they really fight, the moves they do are for the benefit of the camera. In a real fight if you try dramatic jumping spins, all that's gonna happen is your opponent (at least if they've got sense) is going to duck. The techniques they use are designed purely to look good on screen for the benefit of the average Joe. They both look very impressive on screen, but in a face-off it would depend on completely different skills and techniques.

3. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

Thats a good point since an awful lot of choreography goes into the making of those actions scenes. even though what they do on screen is not real I still cathc myself wondering what would happen in a real fight between them.

Come to think of it which styles do they train, Anyone know?

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I'd imagine Kung Fu, it seems to be the standard martial art for films.

5. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

They are both trained in Chinese opera ... though from what I've heard the Jackie's was the last generation which had sadistic training (not that it's no longer rigorous).

Anyway ... should they every fight, my money would be on Jackie ... think about it ... he's had every bone in his body broken at some point or another and has kept on working in spite of it. Fighting him would be like fighting Monty Python's "black knight". You couldn't hurt him bad enough quick enough to prevent him from seriously hurting you in return (even if "you" is Jet Li). I have an immense amount of respect for both of them as actors and martial artists.

To find out more about Jackie's training, pick up his autobiography, "I Am Jackie Chan." It's a great read :)

Mike

6. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

I agree with pesilat Jackie's autobiography is a fantastic read. Just thought I'd fling that in.

Cooler

7. waya

waya Valued Member

I also agree with pesilat. I have watched the video made a while back about Jackie Chan and Samo Hung and how they trained. My money would have to be on him just because of the amount of punishment his body is trained to (and obviously still can) take.

8. jdog_01

jdog_01 New Member

I like both actor immensly. That said...I think everyone here should read Jet Li's biography before you put your money down on Jackie.

As for me...I don't think I would bet..too close to call.

9. dragon_duplicat

dragon_duplicat New Member

I WOULD THINK THAT JACKIE CHAN WOULD WIN. OF COURSE, JET LI WOULD START OFF WINNING, BUT IN THE END, WE HAVE JACKIE LEFT STANDING!

10. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

Jackie Chan. He's so sweet while he fights. Lol.

11. Vipe

Vipe New Member

my money is on jet no questions asked

12. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Between Jet, and Jackie; well that would be a good and very close fight. They are both very good, very skilled and very accomplished fighters. It would be hard to just choose one. Although Jet is my favorite;) I think Jackie has more experience than Jet, how ever Jet is much younger that may count for something:confused: So I don't know. It could be a draw.....

Still the truth stands, there is none better than......

Bruce Lee:D

13. ninja06

ninja06 New Member

I must say this is good fun topic. This is a tough one, but I will go with Jet Li. Why? well like somebody said before Jakie has broken every sing bone n his body Jet Li has not. Jet Li is younger faster and has less long term injuries. Jakie himself said that he takes it a little easier because of his previouse injuries.(not to say that he is not tough, because he is damn resiliant.) But Jet aint no nancy pants either. You dont get the training that he got at the level he got it at without being tough as nails. I still think Jakie is great, he makes me laugh and be awed all at the same time, but Jeet could take him.

14. ninja06

ninja06 New Member

Jet, I mean

15. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I’ll have to pick Jackie Chan as I always do. He might not be the youngest, but I don’t believe his past it just yet and they trained em damn hard when he was a kid! I don’t know as much about Jet Li, didn’t he train in Wushu, some kind of performance style of martial arts. I’m sure it would be a close fight, but I’ll put my money on Jackie!

16. HKD

HKD New Member

just think how great the fight scene would be with those two. they have done a few movies togeather but i haven't seen them.

HKD

17. Dragon_Princess

Really?!!! Have they really done movies together? Do you know the name of them? Cause I'll definitely like to see it. hhhhhmmmmm@me not knowing that:(

18. Dragon_Princess

I would go with Jackie Chan winning as well.

19. khafra

khafra New Member

Jet Li really isn't all that young. He did a Wushu demonstration for Richard Nixon, back in the day. He's been in some old HK cinema kung fu flicks with Jackie Chan, I believe, but I can't remember any names.

20. Dragon_Princess

If you find out, please let me know. I've never known them 2 be together so I'd really like to check it out regardless of how old it is:)